Hello,

I'm new to this forum but I have been following MDA for about 3 months now and a paleo diet for over a year and a half. During the Christmas season I broke it because of a new girlfriend and spending the holidays with her and her family, I didn't want to come across as stickler with regards to food. What a big mistake, and yes I should have just stuck to my guns.

Anyway a lot of issues I had, especially with my skin, returned and this made me realise that I was definitely healthier on the paleo diet. For the last month I have been fairly strict with what I have been eating with the exception of sweet potatoes and goats milk both of which don't seem to have any negative effect on my body. I know it's not "true paleo" but I am very active and have a high metabolism so they extra calories help me from feeling drained by the end of the day.

Anyway onto my question. I recently had a break in my eating habits due to time constraints were on two separate occasions I was forced to get a ready made meal for dinner. Both contained ingredients I would normally cheat with (potatoes, tomatoes and milk) perhaps once every few weeks. But this time they made me so sick I had to wake up in the middle of the night as my body demanded them out one way or the other. The choice wasn't really mine at all.

I was just wondering if any members have had experiences like this that after a long spell of eating clean, and in sticking to the plan in the most dogmatic of fashions, fell sick after cheating on microwaveable junk?

I'm not sure if it is normal to be this sensitive to food that I used to have no qualms with chowing down on. Or am I just an odd ball? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Oszy