Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can gluten trigger mood swings and anxiety? page 3

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It can definately have the feel good effect and create addiction in some individuals depending on how it binds to the endorphin receptors in the brain, beta caesin peptides are also believed to have similar properties.

Just because you get a feel good effect does not mean it is not doing any damage elswhere, I think of it like anesthetising you so you don't feel the pain as it tears up your insides, biological warfare.

Anyone for Milk & Cookies before bed?

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Are you sure it's the gluten and not the sodium/MSG making you feel like a brick and affecting your mood?
    Good point - MSG packs a serious punch for many people. That stuff is awful. For me, grains/gluten AND MSG is a recipe for disaster - I go from mentally energized, a little shaky and bouncing off the walls to a bitchy, puffy, wheezy, foggy-brained little ray of sunshine.

For me, Chinese food is the devil.
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    It can definately have the feel good effect and create addiction in some individuals depending on how it binds to the endorphin receptors in the brain, beta caesin peptides are also believed to have similar properties.

Just because you get a feel good effect does not mean it is not doing any damage elswhere, I think of it like anesthetising you so you don't feel the pain as it tears up your insides, biological warfare.

Anyone for Milk & Cookies before bed?
    Couldn't agree more! Great post.
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123