Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can gluten trigger mood swings and anxiety? page 2

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    100% gluten can have that effect it is very well documented.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    If I eat anything with wheat it often impacts my lungs. I get a pain in my chest and develop a transient cough. Although I'm about to contradict myself with teh below statement____>

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I must be the only one that feels awesome after eating a bunch of wheat. Been off grains for about a month and a half while cutting, ate a huge meal of french toast today and never felt better. Even helps with my digestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    100% gluten can have that effect it is very well documented.
    Interesting - I was travelling last week in Austria and stuck for food so I had a piece of brown bread. I assumed I was going to feel a bit ropey, but nothing happened. I didn't crash or develop a cough. I actually felt pretty good after it. I assumed it was cos' it was pretty good quality and fresh (they have higher standards in mainland Europe about these things). But maybe it was a more glutenous loaf?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Are you sure it's the gluten and not the sodium/MSG making you feel like a brick and affecting your mood?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I must be the only one that feels awesome after eating a bunch of wheat. Been off grains for about a month and a half while cutting, ate a huge meal of french toast today and never felt better. Even helps with my digestion.
    Indeed, it can be addictive to sensitive individuals. Nobody who uses heroin says it makes them feel bad.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Indeed, it can be addictive to sensitive individuals. Nobody who uses heroin says it makes them feel bad.
    Seriously, again with the addiction? You have a very warped and unhealthy view on food.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Seriously, again with the addiction? You have a very warped and unhealthy view on food.
    You're a laugh riot, after admitting you eat it because it gives you a major rush.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    You're a laugh riot, after admitting you eat it because it gives you a major rush.
    I said i didnt eat wheat for a month and a half, ate a bunch and felt great. How do you get from that that i am addicted to wheat?

So according to you,
    Wheat = heroin
    Sugar = cocaine

Man i better get to NA.

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Tryptophan excess in tissues is indicative of aging(white hair is rich in tryptophan), it's the precursor to stress hormones melatonin and serotonin. It can be converted to either vitamin b3 or serotonin, during stressful times, aging, and malnutrition it's most likely to be converted to serotonin. Serotonin is inflammatory and causes stress in all organs.

What they tell you about serotonin is criminally wrong.
    Not saying you are wrong, but how do you know the tryptophan in the white hair is an "excess level" in the tissues?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenHLi View Post
    Not saying you are wrong, but how do you know the tryptophan in the white hair is an "excess level" in the tissues?
    It is a theory in that tryptophan is needed in rapid growth, but with adult tissues it's associated with the process of decline.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Catharsis is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Personally (I'm Celiac), Gluten has a MUCH larger affect on me neurologically than physically. Don't get wrong. If I went and ate Papa Johns tonight I'd be glued to the toilet 15-20 times a day for the next two weeks or so, but the neurological effects are much worse for me personally.

From Dr. Allesio Fasano, director of the Center for Celiac Research: (Simplified)
    Intestinal permeability is part of the reaction that takes place when someone with celiac disease eats gluten. To put it simply, molecules that should be kept within the intestines are able to “leak” out into the bloodstream. Gluten is one of those molecules. When gluten is carried by the blood to the brain, it causes problems. The gluten molecule is similar to endorphins which, along with other things, give us a sense of well-being. The gluten molecules will dock where endorphins are supposed to dock. In effect, gluten blocks endorphins and the positive feelings they can give us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast