Thread: The Break Up page

jacmac is offline Senior Member

The Break Up

Some love affairs last for ever others take our breath away they are so fast and furious.

Our health, both mental and physical can be stolen by these love affairs.

Well this love affair was a one way street all take and no give. It has been a forever affair that I have finally

decided is over. The break up has to happen. No more sneaking back this is IT itís over. And for the record itís

YOU not ME that is the problem

Bread you and I are no longer an item you have given me such joy, at the time of consumption, then such

discomfort. The bloating, seriously I can gain centimetres overnight this I will not miss. The rumbling tummy I

will not miss. I will miss the mopping up of delicious sauces and the crunch of toast slathered in butter. But this

is the time right now to say goodbye.

So now itís out there in public I am to be held accountable for my declaration if you see me even thinking about

eating bread please do an intervention

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Very cute.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Thanks Joanne,
    amazing how writing the declaration down has changed my perspective. I am guessing this is why people keep a journal.
    Which is something to think about for me.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    I will miss the mopping up of delicious sauces
    There's a remedy for this. It's called a spoon
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    For me, bread (grains) and sugar are comparable to the super-sexy hot guy who entices you by his appearance and sometimes delicious smell, then you get with him, do the horizontal bop (and have a fantastic time) and then he disappears with your money and dog, leaving you with herpes. But you still want to get him back into your bed.

Ok, maybe something like that. LOL

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yep that would be about right!
    it's all so tempting to give into the rush of the moment but the hangover of it all, now that's another thing all together