Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Most paleo chocolate? page 8

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't care about it being primal or not. Chocolate is the one thing from modern times that you should not be afraid of (unless you have some weird sensitivity, which is simple tough luck!).

For the Europeans lurking in these forums, I found that the UK brand Plamil does a decent chocolate sweetened solely with xylitol. Their "milk choc" is crap (using soy as milk subs - I tried once and will never try again - tastes like earth and I don't like soy anyway) but their dark choc, although not the best in the world, is quite nice and the one with hemp seeds in it has a round flavor to it that I really enjoy. And xylitol is good for you, regardless of what folks might say (processed stuff, gas, bloating, blabla).

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Negatory on eating xylitol; I bought some as a sugar replacer, and it screwed up my digestive flora quite good for some time, so I won't be eating anymore of it. It is also extemely toxic to pets; just a little bit can kill a dog. Conversely, the best toothpastes and gums are xylitol rich; it has a strong anti-bacterial effect and is good for those things (small quantities, restricted to the mouth). But not good to eat in large amounts, as it will go on to kill the good bacteria lower in your digestive tract.
    Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    I don't care about it being primal or not. Chocolate is the one thing from modern times that you should not be afraid of (unless you have some weird sensitivity, which is simple tough luck!).
    Well you might not care, but some people do because the fine line is different for them. I'm just putting it out there.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Someone who thinks that eating store bought chocolate is detrimental to their Primal lifestyle probably wouldn't be reading this thread.

I like me some chocolate.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I can read and post in whatever thread I want, thank you very much >_>

Ally415 is offline Senior Member
    Kathleen are you nearby a health grocery store? Maybe Whole Foods? There are raw chocolate bars that have no soy lecithin. The raw food chocolate products don't use Soy & are only sweetened with Coconut sugar, or honey.

Many dark industrialized chocolate bars are also sweetened with "organic cane sugar" which is just like white sugar.

I have a post on the deal with cane sugar being used on everything, and a couple of chocolate posts with links for good brands.
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678