Thread: The Diarrhea thread! page

Gorbag is offline Senior Member

The Diarrhea thread!

Primal Fuel
    I ate something really funny yesterday: soup made on three days refrigerator matured fish! I had a tasty fishmeal some days ago, so nice that I decided to use the leftovers the day after, and forgot about it for three whole days! Well, it smelled good and tasted good also, so I finally made a fishy soup on the leftovers, which I ate up everything of, had a bedtime whiskey, and wake up early today with something strange things going on in my stomach… I got it to the bathroom just in time for the nasty blow-out! Soup in and soup out so to say, and I have been going to the bathroom for the most of the day.

Not that bad from a weight loss perspective though, only that I don’t need to lose any more weight, so I obviously now can allow myself a better meal when the stomach is ready for it again!

So, do you have any good or bad experiences with diarrhea? Here is the thread to share all your experiences and stories on this very important topic!

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    There's such a thing as a good experience with diarrhea?

Anyways, since starting LC Primal the only times I've experienced was when I decided to cheat and ate a massive amount of carbs (easily 200 in one meal). Needless to say I regretted it.
    As for what happened to you, I'm not sure. Do you have any other symptoms? It could just be gastroenteritis that may or may not be related to the fish meal.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s-piper View Post
    There's such a thing as a good experience with diarrhea?

Anyways, since starting LC Primal the only times I've experienced was when I decided to cheat and ate a massive amount of carbs (easily 200 in one meal). Needless to say I regretted it.
    As for what happened to you, I'm not sure. Do you have any other symptoms? It could just be gastroenteritis that may or may not be related to the fish meal.
    No other symptoms, and I suspected the tree days old fish already when I prepared it, so I am pretty convinced where the diarrhea came from! And of course there must be something good to say about diarrhea, everything that is bad must be good for something as well! I have heard that some extreme dieters uses certain laxative oils to impose an artificial state of diarrhea for the sake of weight-loss;

Nanci is offline Member
    I used to be a lot more cautious about leftovers, but then I lived with someone who would eat ANYTHING, even if it was left out overnight. With money sometimes being scarce, I picked up this habit- both of not automatically throwing out food that didn't get put away, and keeping leftovers longer. I never had a problem UNTIL...I had a really nice steak, and for some reason didn't finish off the leftovers, and ended up eating it about a week later. It smelled _okay_, not obviously off, but it REALLY upset my stomach. But one time out of my whole life? That's not so bad.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    First poop thread of the weekend! It's only Friday here, but it's the weekend somewhere.

Diarrhea. Mostly as a child as part of getting the flu or other childhood uckkies. The time I tried Atkins - it cleared up pretty quickly. Almost anytime I go more than a few days on very few carbs or increase my percentage of fat intake - clears up usually in a day or two.

Benefits. Quick weight loss. Spending more time in the bathroom = reading an extra 15-20 minutes a day.

Negatives. Needing to stay close to my bathroom. The possibility of dehydration. Coffee makes it worse.

Solution for three day old fish in the fridge: put it toward the back and forget about it for another week. Open it and smell it. There will be no doubt that it is now garbage.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

phigment is offline Senior Member
    I am always getting dirreaha. Generally three days a week. Gets worse at TOM and more frequent. I haven't found the cause and just think it is normal for me.