Thread: Thoughts/Ideas on a fasting & liver detox for Spring? page

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Thoughts/Ideas on a fasting & liver detox for Spring?

Primal Fuel
    I don't want any gimmicks or purchase any scammy products. I just want real, good food that will give me a good Spring clean.

Thoughts? Ideas?

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member
    If I were inclined to do a cleanse, I would be

drinking 3 or 4 green-based smoothies a day plus lots of mineral water with lemon. I would use kale, cucumber, perhaps some berries, parsley, an apple or some berries, water and ice. I would do it as a smoothie, not juicing.

Heck, it sounds so appealing I might join you!
    Pea

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Water. I'm not being facetious. I really believe that the best fast is a supervised water fast for about 10 days. Some people go as long as 30 with no ill effects.

I've just started taking a milk thistle supplement for my liver, but it may be gimmicky. I just figured it wouldn't hurt and it might help.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I knew a woman who did that "liver cleanse" where you drink a massive quantity of olive oil in addition to some non-food stuff. It just about destroyed her health, and after that she was never able to eat a normal diet again.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    the liver required water and oils to "cleanse"

water soluble wastes and lipid soluble wastes

I have always used MCT to provide that lipid just because it gets converted to Ketones and not ( normally ) stored

the other thing to consider is that you want a cleanse. if your toilet was backed up you would use draino ( or something similar)

Magnesium and Vitamin C cause the bowel to empty allowing the liver to dump its toxins into an empty-ish tube of your intestines...

additionally controlling bacteria is important. a candida overgrowth can slow down movements. interestingly mag + mct + xylitol( made from birch only not corn) kills excess candida... which must be expressed out of the system

foods for thought
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys. That gives me a good base to work with. I have the mag, and the vit C. Water, coconut oil... maybe work in a green smoothie full of good greens. Awesome.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have done two of those 10-day lemon juice Master Cleanse things, and liked the effects very much. Both were before I knew about Primal, for what that is worth. If you are familiar with that particular protocol, I did not do the salt water, though - just couldn't do it, even though I tried.

I was thinking of a spring clean myself.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC