Thread: So, I guess I'm half Vegan? page

vintageeats is offline Member

So, I guess I'm half Vegan?

Primal Fuel
    The 17 Weirdest Things I Do Now That I’m Vegan

Happy Friday, everybody! Based upon this article, we must all be weird.. and part Vegan. Except I don't mess around with strange pastas, tofu or black beans. Blech.

paul119 is offline Senior Member
    Or he and his family are half-primal/paleo...?
    Travel, eat well, and learn about life - three things I love to do

Curious about what YOU should pack next time you're on the road? Check out my Definitive Guide to Backpacking Nutrition

Megatron is offline Member
    What a silly read. The majority of those things had nothing to do with being vegan. You grind your own coffee? You make stuff by scratch? Way to go, champ! People who eat animal products also do those things.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Ok. lets see how I go.

1 Live microwave-free. - Hell no

2. Hand-grind our coffee. - I do on my days off

3. Have a freezer full of broccoli stems and strawberry tops. - I do have a lot of frozen broccoli.

4 Drink weird-ass smoothies. - I would but I really dont want to the shopping for the specifics or do the cleaning up it will entail.

5 Use pink salt - Yes. great stuff. I mix it with iodized garlic salt as well.

6Wear trail shoes everywhere. I have been guilty of this.

7 Run with dates. I like dates and I like running, just not running with dates.

8 Live with very little stuff. That's me all over. I own about 4 things plus my clothes.

9 Eat weird pastas. Spelt, quinoa and corn, brown rice. Not because we have any sort of gluten intolerance or even a sensitivity, but because itís fun to try new stuff. Only brown rice and corn.

. Drink kombucha. - No

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Live microwave-free. Yep. No microwave popcorn + makes reheated chicken taste like crap = no microwave.

Hand-grind our coffee. No. I like electric. It gives me light when there is none. It gives me cool when it's hot outside. It gives me ground coffee by just pressing a button.

Have a freezer full of broccoli stems and strawberry tops. No. Not fond of broccoli. I do save the fat I trim from gf beef however for rendering.

Drink weird-ass smoothies. Does liver and cocoa count?

Use pink salt. No, but I might in a year or two when I run out of my current salt.

Wear trail shoes everywhere. No.

Dehydrate things. Yes. In fact I just threw away two mushrooms that had been in the fridge so long that I almost didn't know what they were. And when I tried to make salmon jerky, I forgot it was in the oven and woke up the next morning to salmon projectiles.

Run with dates. I only run if someone is after me. I assume the dates are to throw at the predators to distract them?

Make tons of stuff from scratch. Yes. Of course. Back in the olden days before the 1980s, we did this routinely. If you think it's weird, you're weird.

Buy everything else Amy’s, Annie’s, Bob’s (Red Mill), Tom’s, Bragg, and Bronner’s. Everything else? Most of those still stick to their roots. One went public and now answers to stockholders. Another is a partially held subsidiary of Colgate Palmolive. Now who's the hippie?

Put tofu, avocados, and black beans in desserts. I don't even put tofu or black beans in my mouth.

Live with very little stuff. My stuff is stuff, your stuff is s***. (George Carlin)

Eat weird pastas. And I thought I needed a life.

Drink kombucha. Not so far.

Sprout things and buy sprouted things. I'd love to learn to sprout beef!

Eat weird foods! There are no weird foods, only foods I haven't tried yet.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite