Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Going for a body fat percentage? Let's go! page

GKL
    GKL is offline Member

Going for a body fat percentage? Let's go!

Primal Fuel
    Hey all. I've been primal for 3 years now (new to the forum though). I dropped 40+ pounds easy and fast and settled around 15% body fat. I've got that down to maybe 10-11% and I want to see if I can hit 7-8%. Why? Because I like goals. I do well when I have goals. BTW, I'm 40, 5'11" and currently weigh 169.

Here's my idea. Those of us that are working towards a body fat % will use this thread to track our progress and encourage each other. That's it. I also have a few ground rules in mind: 1. Health comes first, do nothing to achieve your body fat % that will harm your health and vitality. 2. No starvation. 3. No Chronic Cardio (it won't help and will probably harm you in the long run).

How will we measure body fat? However you want. There are several methods out there. What I am going to do is use these pictures as a guide: Body Fat Percentage Pictures of Men & Women - BuiltLean Is it scientific? No, its just a guide. Again, my goal for this thread is to encourage and help one another, not nitpick the details. I'm going to post pictures along the way to document my progress or lack thereof. Its accountability and motivational, at least for me. Feel free to do the same or not if you are not comfortable.

Ready? Who's in?!

Here's me at maybe 10-11% (what do you think?):

/Users/gandjleistico/Desktop/IMG_0555.jpg
    IMG_0555.jpg

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    I'm at 13.11% (obv within a margin of error)
    Aiming for 9-10%

Just returning to strength training (after 2+ years of not), first month lost 0.38% body fat whilst increasing strength

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Does being at 10-11% make your right arm stay stuck in a Karate chop position? If so, I'm not sure I want to drop much more BF.

Sorry, I had to.

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    In all seriousness, I just got measured at 12% and am looking to get to 9% so I'm in.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    That's a really handy chart. I'm at 25%. Dunno if I'm in or not, but I've bookmarked the chart.

There is some question in my mind what an optimum body fat % might be for a post-menopausal woman, since I no longer need to worry about regulating my reproductive system. Yet no research appears to have been done in my age group beyond trying to prove that enforcing a low calorie low fat diet with wimpy pink dumbbell toning will forestall the inevitable decline, after which participants experience an even steeper decline.

GKL
    GKL is offline Member
    Nice one reboot! HA it stung a little but ill survive

Greenbeasty and reboot, what's your strategy to lean up?

Katherine, you might be just where you should be. Maybe you have goals to tweak your diet or excercise? Maybe those changes would cause you to drop a few, maybe not. Nothing wrong with where you're at!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I'm at a size 12. I'd like to see what I'd look like at a size 8. And losing some fat would make those pullups easier.

Quote Originally Posted by GKL View Post
    Nice one reboot! HA it stung a little but ill survive

Greenbeasty and reboot, what's your strategy to lean up?
    I don't really have a plan, i'm gonna carry on eating much like i have been and gonna do my once a month strength training.

we'll see!

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    I'm at 12.6% according to the digital callipers, and 12% a cording to the scales.
    I don't look like the woman in that range in the photo chart, I look more like the one in the 15% chart.

I actually almost fell over backwards when I got those readings...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenete View Post
    I'm at 12.6% according to the digital callipers, and 12% a cording to the scales.
    I don't look like the woman in that range in the photo chart, I look more like the one in the 15% chart.

I actually almost fell over backwards when I got those readings...
    yeah i look more like a guy inbetween the 20 and 25% pair!
    I'm gonna stick with the calipers rather than the pictures

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast