Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Going for a body fat percentage? Let's go! page 7

GKL
    GKL is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm up to 14lbs of body fat lost since Jan 1. I'm pretty happy with that but now have the dreaded loose skin on my lower abs and lower back. Like a balloon without enough air :/. I know it will tighten over time but if anyone has any suggestion beyond an excellent diet and primal exercise, I'm all ears!

bsmith35 is offline Junior Member
    Im in. Heres some stats for me:

SW: 174.0 lbs; 23.7% BF
    SAD + Chronic Cardio: 177.6 lbs
    CW on PB: 159.2 lbs, 17.2% BF

My goal is to get to 10%. I would like to see sub 12% by June 1st. Good luck to all!

GKL
    GKL is offline Member
    How are you measuring BF bssmith?

dacec is offline Senior Member
    Hello, anyone still here?

I am working on shaking some BF. I have started playing with my diet more to try to encourage fat loss. I feel a bit lost actually as I am reading conflicting things, so I am hoping you all share your secrets and tips :-) At this point I am upping my protein and fat intake trying to keep my carbs at about 60g most days with a higher carb load/ less fat load on my harder work out day.(hilly cycling 10mi) Most days I am swimming (2000m approx) or walk/running (5Mi).

I am female, 46, active, 5'7", 121lbs 26-27%BF...would love to get that down into the low 20s.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I've lost several pounds since this challenge started. Still exercising, still doing IF.

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    just a quick check in, tested two days ago now at sub-12.5%, (he round up in case of inaccuracy)

So I've lost 1% body fat in the last 3 months while gaining decent strength.

I'm happy

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dacec View Post
    Hello, anyone still here?

I am working on shaking some BF. I have started playing with my diet more to try to encourage fat loss. I feel a bit lost actually as I am reading conflicting things, so I am hoping you all share your secrets and tips :-) At this point I am upping my protein and fat intake trying to keep my carbs at about 60g most days with a higher carb load/ less fat load on my harder work out day.(hilly cycling 10mi) Most days I am swimming (2000m approx) or walk/running (5Mi).

I am female, 46, active, 5'7", 121lbs 26-27%BF...would love to get that down into the low 20s.
    I can't be bothered to tweak too much, but i feel like i should up my fat intake, so i may do that a bit, but nothing definite, specific or measured.

GKL
    GKL is offline Member
    Here are my weights since starting this venture on 1/1/13 (all weights were taken on the same digital scale): 12/30 178, 1/12 171, 1/19 169.5, 1/26 167.8, 1/30 168, 2/2 170, 2/5 170, 2/7 172, 2/9 171.8, 2/12 172.6, 2/18 173.8, 2/20 173.8, 2/23 171.8, 3/1 170.5, 3/4 169, 3/7 168.5, 3/9 171, 3/17 thru 3/24 on vacation and ate more than normal, 3/26 167, 3/28 170, 4/1 169.5, 4/4 168, 4/6 168.5, 4/9 167, 4/11 166.6, 4/17 165.5, 4/21 167.6, 4/23 164.6.

I'm a 40 year old, 5'10" male. Lift 2x/week and sprint (HIIT) once per week. I only eat between noon and 8pm. I have maintained very meticulous record of everything I eat since 1/1. My eating has been very consistent except for the week I was on vacation. I have averaged 150g protein, 100g fat and 60g carbs (total of about 1750 calories) on non-lifting days and an extra 125g of starchy carbs on lifting days (about 2350 total calories).

Observations:
    1. my bodyfat loss (judging by appearence) has been MUCH more linear than my weightloss. When I started, I was only vascular on my forearms and had a blurry 4 pack. Now I am vascular across my biceps, shoulders, thighs, calves and even abdomen. I have distinct muscle striations visible across my delts, biceps, pecs and thighs. I have a distinct 6 pack with deep crevices and even the vertical crevices on either side of the six pack. All these changes have been slow beu very even and steady.
    2. Strength has maintained or slightly increased. Have I gained muscle? I don't know. I certainly look like I have by virtue of actually being able to see muscles and veins, but I have no way of knowing for sure.
    3. Hunger has been very maneageable. I notice a distict drop in hunger for 2-3 days after a carb refeed after lifting.
    4. I need a new wardrobe - again. I've lost 2" off my waist and I am swimming in my 30" jeans. It is becoming extremely difficult to find jeans that are small enough for my waist and big enough for my thighs. I'm not complaining, just saying

Take aways:
    1. body weight is fickle and subject to many, many variable besides body fat/muscle. This is even more true for women. Trust the mirror and how cloths fit, not the scale.
    2. Actual fat loss is relatively slow and may be occuring even if body weight is up.
    3. If you are trying to lose weight and have a lot to lose, it will be difficult to see progress for awhile. Consider only weighing yourself at most once per month. Its just too easy to become unnecessarily discouraged by bodyweight.
    4. Being lean rocks! At least in MHO. Its worth the steady, patient effort that it requires. I feel strong, light, quick and being ripped is just kinda fun by itself. (Obviously, all of this must be in context of overall health. I am in no way advocating starvation, malnutrition or becoming so lean that health and normal bodily functions are compromised.)

I am going to lean out just a bit more over the next 3-4 weeks and then my next challenge will be to see if I can add some muscle while staying lean.

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GKL View Post
    I'm up to 14lbs of body fat lost since Jan 1. I'm pretty happy with that but now have the dreaded loose skin on my lower abs and lower back. Like a balloon without enough air :/. I know it will tighten over time but if anyone has any suggestion beyond an excellent diet and primal exercise, I'm all ears!
    Is the picture posted at the start you? - If so you don't have a problem with loose skin.

From the pictures provided I'm probably 11-12%. I'd would be interested to see what 10% looks like for me.
    IFing in the morning (close to 16/8), eating clean and weight work with walking - hunger is low and feeling good.
    Though I'm not going to do any crazy extremes to get BF super-low (as per the original spec health is No1).

GKL
    GKL is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ya it's me. Ya, your probably right. After having lost affair amount of weight,I have what I thought was some loose skin on my lower abs and lower back. I did some research on MDA and elsewhere, and I'm fairly well convinced that its no lose skin but just a little really soft fat that is that last to go. Losing another couple of pounds should do it!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast