Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Going for a body fat percentage? Let's go! page 5

colbyhorsman is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by drjoyous View Post
    I have a question for everyone here. I've been primal about 6 months, have it down pretty well, my body is stronger and leaner. I'm 58, 5'7", 127#, 19% bf. Yeah, i know that's all good and all that. But i'd like to lean out a little more, perhaps 1-2% more (less...) bf.
    So i've never tampered with the potato thing--i've gone this far with high protein, low carbs and medium fat (i'm not keen on the high fat thing; it gives me an upset stomach...). I IF because it's natural (no bkf) and eat a small mid-day meal and a huge meat-based dinner, with some greens.

So here's my question--If one does the potato diet to lose that last few % (only white potatoes, no protein, etc), what happens when you've lost the last few %? Do you gain it right back when you quit doing that potato thing (i'm NOT a fan of white potatoes...so i'm not eager to do this...)? Also, what happens if you do, say, one potato day a week? Does that work, or does it have to be sustained over a bunch of days (*sigh*)?

Thanks--
    I did the potato diet for 4 days. Hated every minute. Found the potatos so hard not to overeat, boring and I actualy gained 2 pounds beforw I said f*ck it.

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    All right everyone! Let's hear updates! I will be taking my measurements this afternoon.
    I'm almost positive that I have lost inches because my clothes are looser. I will be
    weighing myself too.
    How are the rest of you doing? I'm assuming you've all been hard at work since you haven't
    posted much.

I've lost an inch off my waist, one off my hips, and maybe 1'2 of one off my boobs. No weight lost. Definitely burning fat!

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    I suspect i'll be updating the first week of every month when i do my training and get my BF measured.

colbyhorsman is offline Junior Member
    Well I had an excellent week other than last night.
    It started off well, skipped breakfast and had a mixed greens salad with a tuna steak with balsamic dressing.

Then I went out for supper with my wife, had two beers, two ceasars. A basket of wings, a ceasar salad and split a basket of friend pepperoni.

To top it all of at 2am when we got home I ate a half of a bag of ketchup chips and and four cookies!

Quite a binge. I hate it when I do that, such an excellent week and then a night like that! Definetely an issue I have to work out.

Anyway, not very hungry today. Having some friends over for a bbq tonight. Lettuce wrap burgers with guac and grilled veggies, made from my neighbors grassfed beef.

GKL
    GKL is offline Member
    Had a pretty good week I think. I've upped the I take a bit but still maybe 10-15% below maintenance. I did a +20% refeed after a workout. I had been having more hunger an that helped. Ill be on vacation this coming week. I plan to do a deload week but get some sprints in and stay active. Ill probably continue to IF breakfast but may may kinda treat the week as a refeed overall.

This week I am going to experiment. I am going to try 20/4 intermittent fasting. We'll see how it goes. But I am going to do it for seven days and then evaluate.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    I just did 2 weeks of free feeding within my 19/4 IF window, and only put on 2 pounds. Time to go back to control.

Hey eKatherine, what are your goals? Are you trying to lose fat and put on muscle?

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by murf73 View Post
    Hey eKatherine, what are your goals? Are you trying to lose fat and put on muscle?
    My present weight is 151. I am 5'4". I estimate my bodyfat at 25%, based on the photo chart. I would like to get down to 20% or lower. I don't need to put on more muscle, but if it happens it would be okay. I am already pretty muscular.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast