Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Going for a body fat percentage? Let's go! page 4

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Here's me, guessing in the 15% range and working my way down to 10. Primal for about 2yrs and down 30lbs. Train using the Adonis Index system
    Last edited by kitoi; 03-13-2013 at 03:01 AM.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    You're a beast, kitoi. In the gym AND the kitchen (I am a secret fan of your blog and you inspire me to try new types of offal). How do you get such awesome lighting for your physique photos?

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    Thanks yodie! I'm far from becoming a beast, but not bad for 50yo. Cooking and photography are 2 of my favorite hobbies.

I use two light sources. Flash with umbrella over head and behind me to the right and spotlight lower left in front. Then a light creative editing.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kitoi View Post
    Thanks yodie! I'm far from becoming a beast, but not bad for 50yo. Cooking and photography are 2 of my favorite hobbies.

I use two light sources. Flash with umbrella over head and behind me to the right and spotlight lower left in front. Then a light creative editing.
    Awesome. Thank you for sharing. Also, nice looking rhomboids. Seriously good definition.

drjoyous is offline Senior Member
    I have a question for everyone here. I've been primal about 6 months, have it down pretty well, my body is stronger and leaner. I'm 58, 5'7", 127#, 19% bf. Yeah, i know that's all good and all that. But i'd like to lean out a little more, perhaps 1-2% more (less...) bf.
    So i've never tampered with the potato thing--i've gone this far with high protein, low carbs and medium fat (i'm not keen on the high fat thing; it gives me an upset stomach...). I IF because it's natural (no bkf) and eat a small mid-day meal and a huge meat-based dinner, with some greens.

So here's my question--If one does the potato diet to lose that last few % (only white potatoes, no protein, etc), what happens when you've lost the last few %? Do you gain it right back when you quit doing that potato thing (i'm NOT a fan of white potatoes...so i'm not eager to do this...)? Also, what happens if you do, say, one potato day a week? Does that work, or does it have to be sustained over a bunch of days (*sigh*)?

Thanks--

GKL
    GKL is offline Member
    Thought for today: losing the first 40 pounds of body fat was easier than the last 4 is gonna be.... Ugh.

GKL
    GKL is offline Member
    Oh, I can't help with the potato thing. I try to keep my opinions to things I at least have some info about

emmytee is offline Junior Member
    Hey guys! I am looking to go from 26% body fat to about 16-18% (I want to look really athletic!). This amounts to about 20lbs of fat to lose. I am looking to do that by my birthday at the end of July which would be about a pound a week. I'm usually in ketosis so most of what I'm burning is fat. I still need encouragement and confirmation that this goal is actually possible to achieve in that time. I also am on the fence about weekly carb-ups. I don't know if I fall in the category where I should be resetting leptin and thyroid hormone or not. I just want to lose fat as efficiently as possible. Any pointers?
    F/5'4"/20 SW: 165 Primal SW:157 CW: 154 GW: 135

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    i did almost 2lb a week for 3 months, then it started tapering off.
    I'm now staying pretty level but putting muscle on.

colbyhorsman is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Same here, 40 pounds off seemingly effortlessly. But this last 5 or 10 pounds is going much more difficultly.

Had another good day yesterday, had beef stuffed peppers for lunch with onions, garlic and mushrooms. And ground turkey, corn and potatoes for supper at families. Used it as a carb up and went out for a sprint after. Usually run 8 sets of 220', but was able to run 20 sets last night.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast