Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Going for a body fat percentage? Let's go! page 2

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The accuracy of caliper measurement is greatly affected by an individual's distribution of body fat. All body fat measurement techniques can have both inaccuracy and lack of precision for any individual.

jaredcastles is offline Junior Member
    I'm at about 12%
    I want to experiment to see how low I can go with the paleo diet. Seems to be working so far. I've gotten a lot of definition since I went religious with paleo 3 months ago.

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    Hey guys! I'm going to join you. Here are my stats:
    Female
    130lbs
    5'5"
    about 23% body fat
    Goal: 20% body fat
    I don't want to go lower than that though. I don't want to screw-up my cycles, but I would like to get nice and toned.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    My cycles and everything is normal and I'm at 12-13%.
    I didn't aim for this, it just happened after a few month if Paleo and moderate working out.

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    Allenete, what were your workouts and what does your diet look like on a regular day?

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Breakfast of an omellete, 2 eggs, usually some sort of veges thrown in like tomato, brocolli or whatever is in the fridge. Fried in butter, sprinkled with ricotta cheese when I have it. A coffee and/or tea.

Lunch
    : varies a lot, but is almost always includes a salad or vegetables, either with a meat, egg, or some sort of white cheese. The other day I used ricotta in a beetroot and sweet potato salad with baby spinach.

I've also been making a Moroccan tomato stew thing (with chopped vegetables, chopped bacon etc) and an egg poached in it. (which I've also eaten for dinner)

Dinner: Mixed salad, or random vegetables, with usually a kangaroo steak. If I'm out, I order salad, always with some sort of meat, or grilled salmon.

Snacks (yes I do!) Organic Greek yoghurt, fruit, jerky, or Primal Fuel Shake... not all those in the same day!

Workouts, typical week:
    Weights 2-3 times a week
    in body weight weight workouts (so lunges, squats etc with weights), burpees, core exercises. Lots of Circuit work and focussing on recovery

Cardio
    2-3 times a week, jog or a run, 3-6km, usually also incorporated into the weights workouts.

Weapons Martial Arts twice a week.

GKL
    GKL is offline Member
    Welcome Jared and Murf! Here's to meeting your goals and staying healthy while doing it!

Here's the tools I'm using:
    IF: I skip breakfast unless its a heavy lifting day.
    Sprints: I think these are critical to body comp. I do a sprint 8 routine at least once a week.
    Heavy weights: 2-3 times a week. Focus on squats, deads, and other compounds.
    Diet: 1600-1800 calories on off days, 2100-2300 on lifting days.
    Sleep: 7.5-8.5
    Diet: very primal. 20-70g carbs on off days, 80-120 on lifting days (most in post workout meal).
    140-180g protein. Balance coming from saturated fat.
    How about you guys/gals?
    Last edited by GKL; 03-09-2013 at 07:07 PM.

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Here's my current plan:

Bulletproof IF from 8pm to 2pm three to four days per week.

Not really tracking calories but I'm going pretty much about 60% fat, 30% protein, 10% carbs except for some increased carbs in the form of safe starches on lifting or bodyweight training days.

Activity is:

1-2 days of brisk walking (4-5 miles each day).
    1-2 days of lifting or bodyweight strength training focusing on functional strength using sandbag on lifting days -- mostly tabata style.
    1 day of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    1 day of Sprinting

diene is offline Senior Member
    I'm in, but I'm not sure what my body fat %age is. I have a bioelectric impedance meter, which tells me that I'm 23-24%. At one point it was telling me that I was 21%, but I looked nothing like the 21-22% picture. Based on the pictures, I'm guessing that I'm somewhere in the high 20s (above 25 but below 30). I need to find a reliable method to measure BF in order to do this, and I don't think the pictures are very accurate at all. The way fat is distributed on my body is this: most of it is in the abdominal region. My thighs and hips are actually very lean. I also have some fat on my upper arms. Pretty lean everywhere else. I'd like to be at 20%.

My plan is to start CrossFit. If I already do chronic cardio just in general, am I not allowed to participate? (I'm a runner and am currently training for a 10-miler. It's some amount of chronic cardio but not insane. And, no, I will NOT stop running, regardless of what anyone says.)

colbyhorsman is offline Junior Member
    I'm in!

I started eating primal in September at 203 pds. I am currently down to 155. I am the leanest I have been in my life, so close to my goal. I would say I am around 17%+- bf.

I am struggling with binging right now. I am so close to my goal and I don't want to lose focus now. I am just starting to see the outline of my top two abs when I flex.

I am going to attempt to IF 12-8pm through the week, and eat normally on the weekends.

Today I had:
    a tossed salad at lunch with veggies and some leftover lean ground beef, homemade ceasar vinagrette
    Wrap for supper with beef, avocado, lettuce, onions, tomato, salsa and sriratcha and some cole slaw
    1/2 cup of peanut butter frozen yogurt
    Bedtime snack will be some smoked salmon and pickles or some blueberries and organic plain yogurt.

Lets here some more of what people ate today!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast