Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat your legumes. page 9

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    please do, i'm bored
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Just because she has a different opinion than you doesn't mean she's a troll. Is this your first internet forum? Because you haven't seen shit if you think someone as polite as j3nn is a troll.

If she gets a rise out of you simply for disagreeing, the problem is you, not her. I could teach all of you a thing or two about true trolling.

TY! <3

I think he is mistaken about me, among other things. That seems to be the theme around here, though. Departure from the Paleo bubble is grounds for shunning! lol On a serious note, I guarantee there are members who dare not say a word about non-compliant foods they eat for fear of being ridiculed.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    nah they do say it, they just usually title the thread 'forgive me grok, for i have sinned'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Hahaha, oh dear
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Omni is offline Senior Member
    The OP is a passive Troll,
    Plant the bait and watch them rumble, note no comment or follow up posts.

Some are aggressive, some passive, some passive/aggressive, they come in all shapes and sizes.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    There's no possible way to read that into the question. That's why you're considered a troll
    Can someone please do up a spreadsheet of who the MDA trolls are? We need some kind of system cos' it's getting hard to keep track of who I need to listen to. Maybe we can do it like the caste system in India, with the Untouchables at the bottom, the Holy Men at the top, and Mark as God? We can chart people based on Mark's carb curve - the more fat you eat, the less of a troll you are?

I guess this post makes me a troll.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Elizabeth, Texan version of chili does not include legumes, however, there is a wide variety of stews spiced with chili that include legumes, including peanuts. Extending a stew with beans or lentils makes it more economical and more satiating for a lot of peoples. As well, it is tastier for some - personal preference, of course.

This argument is rather ike the argument of 'you can't have a potato in your stew, put a turnip instead.'

I think initial inclusion of nuts was due to very severe limitations of the inital Paleo diet. Basically back at the inception, it had no satiating substances at all for those who need starch to satiate. There was prohibition on tubers, to the extant of exclusion of carrots and radishes; there was no 'safe starches' at all, there was no sugar in any form, basically it was really about what grows above ground. In addition, initial Paleo also cut fats as well. Because of the chemicals, dry fruit was also out of limits. It was a very hungry diet. So, they had to add something, so they added nuts.

Well, that's what I think.

Since Corbain, Paleo developped into inclusion territory far more than into exclusion territory. The only notable recent exclusion that I can think of are canola and flax, though DeVinci advocated no seeds at all (somehow they were toxic while nuts weren't).

EDIT: What i am trying to say is that personal experience is the key for me.
    Richard, I remember how I first ate beans after reading 4-Hour body, with shaking hands, thinking I have committed a Primal Sin. The universe did not implode. I eat beans once in a while since then and not as a main dish... I do like pea soup once in a winter, and stews with lentils and kale. I like eggplant caviar better than hummus, but whatever.
    Yeah. I'm not a fan of Cordains (and many others) "pick a food then dig up every real and imagined negative you can find". Basically all foods have trade off's or positives and negatives, depending how much you eat.

ps. I just checked some nutrition stats on Navy beans and a serving of only 250 calories provides about 100% of your RDA for magnesium and Thiamin. Both nutrients people on this diet can easily fall short on.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 03-09-2013 at 01:18 AM.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Just because she has a different opinion than you doesn't mean she's a troll. Is this your first internet forum? Because you haven't seen shit if you think someone as polite as j3nn is a troll.

If she gets a rise out of you simply for disagreeing, the problem is you, not her. I could teach all of you a thing or two about true trolling.
    You're right, Derpy. This is a better example of trolling. The very words you quoted in this post showed that I wasn't calling her a troll because of her opinion on legumes, but because she put words into the mouth of another poster when her argument fell short. Good try though.

And yeah, I've been on internet forums before. The fact that we may keep a slightly higher class of troll around here doesn't change their basic nature.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Question to all. Does anyone here believe that by not eating grains and legumes, we will make ourselves ill?
    Well all the longest lived and healthiest peoples in the world eat grains and or legumes, so...

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Can someone please do up a spreadsheet of who the MDA trolls are? We need some kind of system cos' it's getting hard to keep track of who I need to listen to. Maybe we can do it like the caste system in India, with the Untouchables at the bottom, the Holy Men at the top, and Mark as God? We can chart people based on Mark's carb curve - the more fat you eat, the less of a troll you are?

I guess this post makes me a troll.
    Please, please, please put me on this list. I love to come here once in a while to see how everyone is doing with their food fear and their fasting and their unbreakable "plateaus." Some of you people have been in a fat loss rut for years but you still think this is the way to go and still have your daily battles against grains and carbs and whatnot. Sure, grains are useless for some people. Some people adopt the PB and go from whale to ripped in a year. Wonderful. But I think it should be obvious by now that it just doesn't work for everyone. Who knows why? We're complicated creatures. If you've been stuck for a long time, it might be time to give up the diet (sorry, WAY OF EATING) and eat what your body is asking you for. My two cents.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast