Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat your legumes. page 6

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Cabbages make at least as many people gassy as beans do. I am pretty sure of it. Yesterday I was stupid enough to apple butter from a jar forgotten in the back of a fridge for 6+ months. I was sick all night and my stomach lining still remembers it. I am not giving up apples or cabbages because of it or call them non-Primal or toxic. Though the leftovers in the jar went down the drain this morning, lol!

An interesting thing about nuts for me is that I grew up rarely eating nuts. Maybe in the winter when we shelled some for the squirrels or in the fall when we picked some hazelnuts along with mushrooms in the forest. I tried peanut butter first time when I was 23. I thought it was disgusting (I am pretty sure it was rancid, lol). I never really cared, until I went my first low carb attempt. I went trough a period of nuts and peanut addiction. Now, I am not experiencing the desire too eat half a cup of almond or peanut butter in a sitting... but only because I do not do LC.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    only half a cup?

pansy
    If I put any more than that, I can't get the salt to dissolve.

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    Legume exclusion is probably one of the weaker paleo arguments. If you tolerate them fine they're a good food source. They're consistently correlated with good health and have possibly the highest antioxidant content of any food. Also a good source of magnesium.
    I'm not a huge fan of them myself besides in soups/stews.
    I agree with this. What the bottom line of all food is is that if it makes you healthier and enriches your life, eat it. If you find it makes you sick or weak or you just don't like the food, then don't eat it.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    If I put any more than that, I can't get the salt to dissolve.
    quit making excuses for your failure as a human being!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    With all this discussion of chili, I think this recipe needs to be shared:
    The Food Lab: Real Texas Chili Con Carne | Serious Eats
    Annnnnndd now I'm hungry again.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I can see more arguments for eliminating nuts than including legumes.
    +1

(except of course a couple of tablespoons in some pesto sauce or some Asian inspired dish)
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Zach is offline Banned
    Eliminating entire food groups because on paper they may have some negatives is just stupid. Variety is key to health, if something doesnt agree with you or is heavily processed then avoid it. Otherwise eat what you like.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    quit making excuses for your failure as a human being!
    quit pointing them out and I won't need to make excuses.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Eliminating entire food groups because on paper they may have some negatives is just stupid. Variety is key to health, if something doesnt agree with you or is heavily processed then avoid it. Otherwise eat what you like.
    I actually find this is the key to exercise as well... variety. Over the last two weeks i've been swimming, running, cycling, skiiing, hill walking, body weight exercises - not excessively, and I can't believe how much tighter my body is.

That was post 666 btw Zach!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Leida is offline Senior Member
    (except of course a couple of tablespoons in some pesto sauce or some Asian inspired dish)
    I am curious as to how this statement is different from "beans should be avoided except in a hummus or some Indian inspired dish"....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast