Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat your legumes. page 5

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    With all this discussion of chili, I think this recipe needs to be shared:
    The Food Lab: Real Texas Chili Con Carne | Serious Eats

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I think it is a backlash. There is always a push for the One True Way, no matter what community you go to. I think threads like this are useful, because they create doubt if things are not working as prescribed. Would it be that horrible to discuss the upsides of pasteurization?

I tried quite a few things that worked just great for other people. Some with good, some with foul consequences. But unless people share their thoughts, experiences and even outright antagonism, there will be no reason to doubt and to experiment and to think, either to get firmer in your convictions or change them.
    Last edited by Leida; 03-08-2013 at 10:21 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I think it is a backlash. There is always a push for the One True Way, no matter what community you go to. I think threads like this are useful, because they create doubt if things are not working as prescribed. Would it be that horrible to discuss the upsides of pasteurization?
    Well, I guess not but I wasn't trying to start something, it was just the best example of something I'm doing that's controversial by Primal standards.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s-piper View Post
    For that matter, why so much scoffing lately at people who follow the carb curve?
    I haven't noticed anyone being scoffed at for following the carb curve; I think there is scoffing at the carb curve itself. It's anecdotal at best, pseudoscience at worst.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I moderately adapted to beans while I was veggie and vegan, but now whenever I try to eat them I get ridiculously gassy and bloated. I think if you grow up with them as a staple part of your diet (like in India) they're probably alright.

I can't class nuts in the same league at all. I know there's "science" that argues against them, blah-blah-blah, but when I eat them they do nothing but make me feel good. At one stage I was eating most of my daily calories from Brazil nuts and I felt pretty smashing. I stopped cos I was trying to drop down to a lower bodyfat % (didn't work!)

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    bloodorchid is a troll.
    I KNEW it!!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I tried quite a few things that worked just great for other people. Some with good, some with foul consequences. But unless people share their thoughts, experiences and even outright antagonism, there will be no reason to doubt and to experiment and to think, either to get firmer in your convictions or change them.
    Exactly. By accepting what Internet gurus say as the holy grail of health, we replace one conventional wisdom with another, even if the newer version is still just as flawed. Question everything.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I KNEW it!!
    *simpers and giggles*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Exactly. By accepting what Internet gurus say as the holy grail of health, we replace one conventional wisdom with another, even if the newer version is still just as flawed. Question everything.
    Word

A lot of it is individual.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    you're a troll, troll
    Oh, that hurts. I'm crying in my orange juice (with the extra half cup of sugar).

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    only half a cup?

pansy
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast