Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat your legumes. page 4

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'd like to know why one is dubbed a troll on this forum for simply interpreting food and health variables in a different way. If Mark Sisson decided legumes are Primal a few months-years from now, does that make him a troll to Primal?! Or does that suddenly (and magically) make that food better than it used to be? I don't think legitimate food discussion should descend into calling people trolls. That's ridiculous. Diets evolve all. the. time. Science is always uncovering new and important details that we might not have known. But mostly, personal experimentation and duration is going to reveal the best answers for a person and, if they are social creatures, they might want to share that discovery with others.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Barefoot Gentile is deemed a troll because he doesn't post anything here except things like "You should eat beans" "Not eating bread is pointless, you should eat bread" "paleo makes people look old" etc etc.

They've been doing this for almost as long as I've been here, take a look at their post history. :P

I eat beans when I have them refried in lard at my favorite mexican place. I sometimes put them in chili because my boyfriend likes it, but when cooking for just for myself, I don't feel the need to eat them. Ditto peanuts.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I don't prepare legumes for myself, but I don't sweat it when I get it. My mom makes them, and my favorite peruvian dish includes them, so eating beans once in a blue moon is not something I'm going to get all worked up about or have a strong stance in.

FWIW, my mom soaks all legumes for a night prior to cooking, that's supposed to cut down the anti nutrients.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    If Paul Jaminet came here and posted that people should eat one pound of starch a day, would he be deemed a troll and branded not "Primal" because that violates the carb curve? Lol. It's just silly to say someone isn't primal enough. As if it's a cult with certain ethic codes to uphold. Many people on this forum do not follow a strictly Primal diet--myself included--but try to practice all or most of the other aspects of primal protocol, which is to be healthy, not just about keeping yourself in arbitrary carb ranges and avoiding certain whole foods even if they are harmless to you.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Bane is offline Senior Member
    The only legumes I really try to avoid are the canned browned beans that usually hit the table in most houses I know. Too much sugar in there for me. I usually don't add beans to chili, but if everyone else I know had their way there would be 2 cans of these damn brown beans in there. If anything once in a while some rinsed, canned kidney beans might find their way into my chili.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    *ponders* The OP is not primal, to any degree. (S)he is a person who believes that primal is bunk and comes here simply to tell us all why we are wrong and there is nothing wrong with eating the SAD way. It has nothing to do with me or anyone else nitpicking their non-strict-paleo ways, rather, it is THEM coming to a primal forum to tell us all about how wrong primal and paleo are. He comes here to stir the pot, it is the definition of trolling. I don't see how that is a difficult concept to understand.

As I said, read their post history. *shrug*

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    Paleo exclusion of legumes is bullshit, but many people here just follow the crowd. I don't eat legumes though, they give me terrible gas.
    maaaaaaaaaaybe that's why they follow the crowd
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    maaaaaaaaaaybe that's why they follow the crowd
    bloodorchid is a troll.

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    If Paul Jaminet came here and posted that people should eat one pound of starch a day, would he be deemed a troll and branded not "Primal" because that violates the carb curve? Lol. It's just silly to say someone isn't primal enough. As if it's a cult with certain ethic codes to uphold. Many people on this forum do not follow a strictly Primal diet--myself included--but try to practice all or most of the other aspects of primal protocol, which is to be healthy, not just about keeping yourself in arbitrary carb ranges and avoiding certain whole foods even if they are harmless to you.
    Yes, most people bend the 'rules' of Primal as they see fit.
    For example, I use pasteurized dairy produces and have no plans switch to raw milk. I fear the dangers of infection that come with unpasteurized milk more than I long for the nutritional benefits, so I made the decision to not do it.
    However, I don't start threads saying "Pasteurization Saves Lives" and link to blog posts that basically say you're a listeriosis case waiting to happen if you drink raw milk. Other people want to, and that's fine for them.
    If you want to eat legumes with Primal do it, but why tell other people they need to also?
    For that matter, why so much scoffing lately at people who follow the carb curve?

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    bloodorchid is a troll.
    you're a troll, troll
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast