Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Eat your legumes. page 10

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    Please, please, please put me on this list. I love to come here once in a while to see how everyone is doing with their food fear and their fasting and their unbreakable "plateaus." Some of you people have been in a fat loss rut for years but you still think this is the way to go and still have your daily battles against grains and carbs and whatnot. Sure, grains are useless for some people. Some people adopt the PB and go from whale to ripped in a year. Wonderful. But I think it should be obvious by now that it just doesn't work for everyone. Who knows why? We're complicated creatures. If you've been stuck for a long time, it might be time to give up the diet (sorry, WAY OF EATING) and eat what your body is asking you for. My two cents.
    So your two cents is that PB doesn't really work for people who don't get totally ripped immediately, so they should go back to eating mostly wheat right now, and doing so will get them ripped?
    Last edited by eKatherine; 03-09-2013 at 07:05 AM.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe foods have anti-nutrients to keep our systems working, kind of like our immune systems being strenghtened when exposed to germs. Something to ponder... why would natural foods such as nuts and spinach have anti-nutrients? Does it mean we aren't supposed to eat them or by eating them do we strengthen the systems that eliminate them from the body?

Weston A. Price, as mentioned above, shows us how to prepare food to lessen the anti-nutrients by soaking. I think that is a good way to eat nuts and beans, if you are going to. For me, not including legumes is about the bloating and high carb content in the beans. I haven't really tested the effects of properly soaked beans, though, and if that helped with the bloating issue I might include them every so often.

I do agree you have to find what works for you and keep an open mind. That's why I like these types of discussions. There are a lot of smart people here with diifferent perspectives. That's how we learn. So, thank you to the trolls ...haha.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Please, please, please put me on this list. I love to come here once in a while to see how everyone is doing with their food fear and their fasting and their unbreakable "plateaus."
    I was a heart beat away from making a graph with Trolls at the bottom and Mark at the top with his head on Lord Shiva's body... but then I realised that 1) not everyone might share my sense of humour, 2) it would probably make me an actual troll...
    Last edited by YogaBare; 03-09-2013 at 08:01 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Please, please, please put me on this list. I love to come here once in a while to see how everyone is doing with their food fear and their fasting and their unbreakable "plateaus." Some of you people have been in a fat loss rut for years but you still think this is the way to go and still have your daily battles against grains and carbs and whatnot. Sure, grains are useless for some people. Some people adopt the PB and go from whale to ripped in a year. Wonderful. But I think it should be obvious by now that it just doesn't work for everyone. Who knows why? We're complicated creatures. If you've been stuck for a long time, it might be time to give up the diet (sorry, WAY OF EATING) and eat what your body is asking you for. My two cents.
    Alright grumpy youre our next guru

lay out the eating plan
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    The next food pyramid will have one often overlooked food at its base. It comes in it's own gelatinous bone broth.

SPAM. Originally conceived to feed soldiers who after all, are the mightiest among us. It's the obvious choice for the base of our new pyramid.

Cigars will also be on the next pyramid. In honor of George Burns who showed us that by smoking them, one can live to be a hundred.

A recommendation of a minimum of six cups of coffee will be on our new pyramid. Since coffee boosts alertness and metabolism, it's an obvious addition to a pyramid for good health. If six cups makes you jittery, well then you're obviously going to die either young or stupid and fat.

/tongue firmly planted in cheek]
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    So your two cents is that PB doesn't really work for people who don't get totally ripped immediately, so they should go back to eating mostly wheat right now, and doing so will get them ripped?
    You've been here only a month. You'll learn. Also I said nothing about eating only wheat.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    Alright grumpy youre our next guru

lay out the eating plan
    Eat whatever the hell you want.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Eat whatever the hell you want.
    But what i want does horrible things to my body
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    But what i want does horrible things to my body
    Like what?

Terrible things

things so horrific your hair would turn white to see
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast