Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something's going on page 2

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    But I think the cause is just that as these concepts grow, there are trends that emerge and new thinkers who put their spin on things.
    That's how we got into this mess 10,000 years ago; someone put the spin on things called "farming".

What could possibly go wrong? [wink]

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    Maybe it isn't a good idea to trade one extreme (low fat, no fat) to another extreme (low carb/fruit/dairy, none at all etc.)

A person without metabolic/hormonal impairment should not be afraid of carbs or fruit.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Yes, there is no graduation for the Primal Student. Mark himself frequently and openly revises Primal to keep the pace with science, and that's GREAT. But it also means that if you read through the original Primal Blueprint book now, it's easy to spot things that no longer jive.

As for the lot of sorry souls who post in this forum, eye us all with suspicion. Most of us adhere strongly to ideas and carry them into battle.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    I think people are just realising that everyone is different and looking for what works for them.

The only thing we need now is for people (some) to stop lambasting everyone who doesn't agree with their own personal dogma, and we'd have perfect harmony! By all means lets give others the benefit of our own personal experience, but if something has worked for one person it doesn't necessarily make it the law. For me, that's the big change in the relatively short time I've been here - lots more arguing and in some cases mean spiritedness (if that's a word). It's a shame really as in the end we all kind of agree on the same principles, albeit with variation based on our own personal needs. I can't help but think it must be offputting for those who have recently arrived on the forum and are new to the primal lifestyle.

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    I have found the palio way of life a great catalist. Its sparked an open interest in nutrition for me. I see nothing wrong with experimentation and looking to other areas for information. The trick is to install a very strong BS filter

Actually proving things work can be very difficult. With some ideas it probably takes a lifetime to do it.

The only evidence I have that this works for me, is feeling a whole lot better and losing weight.
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

amerikick is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    Is it because the science has changed? Or are people just realizing they can lose/maintain just fine, even while eating starch and fruit every day? Just curious what everyone thinks.
    Yes science has been changing day by day for some of years.

Little Women is offline Member
    I thought of something regarding this last night (when I should have been sleeping )

I think when new ideas first come out, there are a lot of people saying, "oh, this is interesting," and few have yet interacted with it enough to say, "wait a minute--I think otherwise." But over time, the people who are not inclined to agree get their thoughts together, find a good place to write about it, and begin publicizing their own reasoning. So after awhile, it looks like more people are disagreeing.

But in fact, it's just that those who disagree are more involved in telling everyone what they think.

However, in many cases, it doesn't actually affect the validity of the new idea. It's mostly an expression of the old ideas about the topic. It may well be that there are thing the "new idea" thinker has not thought about yet. Or it might be that they are the same things the "new idea" thinker has already rejected. But it doesn't mean there is "more" resistance, just that the resistance is better organized.

little vase is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spuggygirl View Post
    I think people are just realising that everyone is different and looking for what works for them.

The only thing we need now is for people (some) to stop lambasting everyone who doesn't agree with their own personal dogma, and we'd have perfect harmony! By all means lets give others the benefit of our own personal experience, but if something has worked for one person it doesn't necessarily make it the law. For me, that's the big change in the relatively short time I've been here - lots more arguing and in some cases mean spiritedness (if that's a word). It's a shame really as in the end we all kind of agree on the same principles, albeit with variation based on our own personal needs. I can't help but think it must be offputting for those who have recently arrived on the forum and are new to the primal lifestyle.
    Quoted for truth.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Maybe it depends on what the goal is and on how great the motivation. There are many different goals represented here. Most common seems to be loosing weight, so if one achieves that, or gets close, then they wander off into other foods.

For some the goal is athletic ability, agility, or weight being lifted. These people eat a lot more in volume and need higher carb ratios.

If they have current diseases treated by meds, and continue those meds, then they don't need to stick as closely to PB to feel OK (not great, just OK).

Fortunately Mark is flexible and can accomodate many goals. Health is my goal, I really thought I was dying so my motivation was very high, and still is. I'm a strick PBer.

One view I'm beginning to appreciate is that of chronic vs traumatic disease. Our USDA, FDA, NIH, CDC, etc. are geared only for traumatic diseases. They pay no attention to ingredients or chemicals that have only chronic effects. Most all of our SAD foods have chronic effects that show up only after a 20 year period of time, at least in all but the most recent generation. (This latest generation, now 20) have been eating this SAD food all their lives and we are seeing horrible results (obesity, diabetes, etc.). The chronic effects mean that many people think they're healthy after a short time on PB when really they haven't yet seen the whole panoply of medical problems being caused.

For example, I didn't know that a gastrointestional doctor was a surgeon. (Surgeons are not Doctors in my book, these are 2 different things.) I find this appalling. My G.I. Doctor is very aware of the inflamation in his patients but does not even try to treat it untill it's serious enough to be labeled as a disease (chronic). Then he just tracks it and prescribes fiber, (and maybe a laxative), until it becomes cancer, then he cuts it out, usually with at least 1/2 the bowel. Isn't that wonderful. But other doctors are just as bad, they treat with drugs instead of knives. Ughhhhhh!
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 03-11-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12