Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to set a good example without being THAT girl page 2

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Anytime I bring a fruit salad (blueberries, strawberries and grapes is fav) to a gathering, it's the first thing people eat,even if pastries and other things are available.

Megatron is offline Member
    Raw liver with bone marrow dressing and a side of fresh crickets.

I kid. You won't be 'that girl' if you bring healthy food, they will probably rejoice at less junk! I like the fruit salad idea- baked treats can be harder when people are used to the super sweet, you know? Unless you get just a foolproof awesome recipe, in which case pass it on. I assume there's no place to heat things up at work- A nice chicken or steak salad with dressing is something most people will eat. I love fresh blueberries covered in cinnamon and served with cream, or some greek yogurt. Tell us what you make! I've been thinking of doing something similar for my company meetings.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Fruit kebabs.

Get a bunch of different fruits (mangos, bananas, pineapple, grapes, oranges etc), cut them into chunks that are roughly grape sized or a little bigger, then thread them on.

Watch the lack of leftovers.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Raw liver with bone marrow dressing and a side of fresh crickets.

I kid. You won't be 'that girl' if you bring healthy food, they will probably rejoice at less junk! I like the fruit salad idea- baked treats can be harder when people are used to the super sweet, you know? Unless you get just a foolproof awesome recipe, in which case pass it on. I assume there's no place to heat things up at work- A nice chicken or steak salad with dressing is something most people will eat. I love fresh blueberries covered in cinnamon and served with cream, or some greek yogurt. Tell us what you make! I've been thinking of doing something similar for my company meetings.
    Good point about the super-sweet because most people are used to that. One of my co-workers often bakes and everyone raves about what she makes. I've never said so because it'd be rude, but I always thought her stuff was only okay because it was over sweetened and under seasoned. Blame my mother, I guess, she always cooked with lots of different flavors even in baked goods and desserts.

So I'll keep in mind to try any baked treat first to make sure it's sweet enough by conventional standards. The fruit treats are also a good idea. Once someone brought in fresh strawberries to have with cake, and everyone ate some.

Also, excellent point about that some people might be happy to have something to eat besides junkfood. That's entirely plausible.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Fruit kabobs, deviled eggs, cubed cheese & ham. Bacon-wrapped anything.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Omni is offline Senior Member
    I just got into a chocolate binge, still perfecting the recipe, equal parts 5 tablespoons, coconut oil, shreded coconut, coconut sugar and pinch of salt, then I added toasted nuts and some organic cranberries. Only issue it needs to be kept refigerated because will melt at room temp. But choc is always a seller and you could probably locate a recipe for brownies or something, If you do choc now, it should put you in with the crowd, then you can look at a creative fruit spread next time.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I make kumara (sweet potato) pikelets.

pikelets are small, fluffier pancakes. It's basically potato (pre cooked and mashed smooth through a fine sieve), eggs, arrowroot powder (if you need more dry), and baking powder (which makes it "rise" a smidge). Mix it up, fry them up in butter (like regular old pancakes).

then, generally, you serve with whipped cream (no sweet in it -- just whole whipped cream; you could use coconut cream if you wanted) and jam. I make a "fast jam" by taking some frozen berries and putting them in a pot to heat them, make a light mash, and add a bit of arrowroot powder (thickens) and honey (sweeter). Once it's cooled, it behaves just like normal jam.

So, it goes pikelet, jam, and whipped cream. Tell them it's an Aus/NZ special treat. And they are good. Really good.

EdibleHarmony is offline Junior Member
    I was asked to provide snack for a school meeting and instead of bringing the regular store bought cookies or spending a fortune baking with grain free flours, I made these chicken salad cucumber cups Paleo Chicken Salad Cucumber Cups - Edible Harmony and a platter of fruit. Everyone LOVED them!

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Fruit plates, bacon, kebab skewers, bacon wrapped dates, bacon anything. You don't need to resort to baked goods to make people love you.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Make it easy on yourself. Fruit, cheese, nuts, chocolate. Carrots and hummus is healthy by most standards, and people LOVE it. (me too). Think guacamole, salsa.

I'm getting hungry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast