Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "13 Things I Hate About Running" page 3

MprDoc is offline Senior Member
    I got a pair Merrell trail minamilist running shoes yesterday and really wanted to try them and so I went for a run in the POURING rain, thunder and lightening here on Okinawa. The weather was still pretty warm - probably mid 70s - and afterward I felt great! Being drenched and soaked to the bone didn't phase me. It was weird expierence for me because I usually HATE running but I think becuase I have started doing it more and not just when the military makes me I am actually starting to enjoy. The more I do it the more I feel my form improving especially with the minimalist or barefoot running shoes. Really looking forward to getting back to Hawaii and doing some trail running with the new kicks.

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    Not everyone is lucky like you and loves to run and look at deer. Especially when its their JOB. If it was your JOB to run twice a day, I am sure you would end up hating it too.
    She is an elite runner, that is what it takes to compete at that level. Running twice a day and over 70 or 80 miles a week is not too crazy. There are many college distance runners who train hard day in and day out to be competitive.
    No, no and no: There are plenty of different JOBS you can choose from and get one that you don't hate. Well, the variety is even so big that you can change a job when you grow older or change the taste or education level. I had at least 5 long term jobs not to speak about short intermediate ones and loved them all! Crisis and everything but still its not just 1 type of job left in the world!
    And it IS crazy to spend every day of your life just running and hating it and doing nothing else. The fact that there are many others that do the same doesn't change it. Who needs her or anybody being comptetive in running? Does the fact that she and a bunch of others runs faster and faster in any way change your and your family's life for the better? Or anybody else's life? Professional sport and sponsoring and advertising is crazy in itself. If she prefers that money, take it and don't whine, who wants whinning gladiator?

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaHorse View Post
    No, no and no: There are plenty of different JOBS you can choose from and get one that you don't hate. Well, the variety is even so big that you can change a job when you grow older or change the taste or education level. I had at least 5 long term jobs not to speak about short intermediate ones and loved them all! Crisis and everything but still its not just 1 type of job left in the world!
    And it IS crazy to spend every day of your life just running and hating it and doing nothing else. The fact that there are many others that do the same doesn't change it. Who needs her or anybody being comptetive in running? Does the fact that she and a bunch of others runs faster and faster in any way change your and your family's life for the better? Or anybody else's life? Professional sport and sponsoring and advertising is crazy in itself. If she prefers that money, take it and don't whine, who wants whinning gladiator?
    Your reading too much into her post. She posted 13 things she hated about running. That doesnt mean she hates running. She could probably post 13 things she loves about running. This thread was just made for advocates of chronic cardio to feel better about themselves because theyre so much smarter than a millionaire athlete.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    She looks very tired.

GaryWatson is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love running because it clears up my mind, after it I'm able to focus on things more clearly, after all that energy I had is gone and I know I have put it into good use

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123