Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "13 Things I Hate About Running" page 2

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    No.1 on her list would be enough to stop me from even trying.
    And then that facial expression... well, if I ever wanted to hire a killer, I would give my money to her without asking for references.

ciep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    "elites like Shalane Flanagan"

Record-breaking marathoner

^^^ Why she doesn't quit.
    She *sometimes* hates running, but if the rewards outweigh the problems, to her it's still worth it.
    Yeah, I have a feeling that something she loves about running is that it's made her world famous with magazine covers, olympic tv coverage, interviews, and now she's set for life thanks to major sponsor money.

I sympathize with #5 though: "Running in really windy conditions so it feels like you're standing still." That always sucks.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ciep View Post
    I sympathize with #5 though: "Running in really windy conditions so it feels like you're standing still." That always sucks.
    No kidding. I really miss running and am hoping to get back to being able to knock out a 7-miler on a whim. Running in wind was always one of the worst things ever. Loathe it.

Kris C is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaHorse View Post
    And then that facial expression... well, if I ever wanted to hire a killer, I would give my money to her without asking for references.
    Excellent!! That was truly laugh out loud funny!

And yes, this chick is sad. If she truly feels so awful, if it truly makes her that upset, if she truly hates these things, why does she run? No one likes to do something that they hate and would normally avoid doing it over and over. I guess that's part of being Primal: if you aren't happy, change it and find something that does make you happy.
    Starting weight: 168 lbs
    Current weight: 168 lbs
    Goal weight: whatever makes me look strong and healthy!

Current goal: No More Muffin Top!!
    a real pushup, a real pull-up, weekly sprints

Visit my journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread76206.htmlKris' Place for Primal Rantings...because everyone else thinks she's nuts

max219 is offline Senior Member
    She is an elite runner, that is what it takes to compete at that level. Running twice a day and over 70 or 80 miles a week is not too crazy. There are many college distance runners who train hard day in and day out to be competitive.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    You are from suburbia and you still love deer????

Great post btw.
    particularly love it slow roasted..... or ground in to sausage!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    particularly love it slow roasted..... or ground in to sausage!
    i discovered totally by accident that slow roasted deer shanks are the best! i do prefer the rest half raw tho.

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by specsAreGrok View Post
    I grew up a very rural country boy; but I see more deer in my current suburban hellhole than I ever did out there. Why? They are protected. Can't shoot guns in town limits and damn if they don't know it. There is a gang of about 20 or so that roam my neighborhood, completely unafraid. They will literally stand in the middle of the road and laugh at you when you honk your horn -- and not blinded by lights, just unafraid. The most fun we have on our runs is when we spot them and the mutts and I sneak up on them (we usually run a night). We'll get as close as possible, unlock the 20ft expando leashes and we'll charge em (sprinting ftw!) note: not anywhere they will run into traffic. I've come within inches of touching them myself, the dogs I've had to lock their leashes just in the knick of time a few times. They aren't afraid of people or cars, but they are of dogs. Except I think they have figured out the whole leash concept by now.
    That's fixable. All you need is an empty road, a GPS tracker on you or your dogs, and a friend with a really big, forceful vehicle. You give the friend the GPS, chase the deer to a road, and tell him to start the engine when he notice you coming closer

I've never understood why some states choose to protect deer. I mean, I love the critters. As lunch, yes, but also very much alive. But it's a problem if they don't have any natural predators... they must seriously starve, depleting their own food sources just because they're too many... poor bastards.

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    I think you guys are taking the post too seriously and dumping your "chronic cardio" junk all over it like your smarter than her or something. Shes a professional athlete. People like that dont care about "chronic cardio." If she knows about it, she understands it part of her life.

Your telling me you have NEVER woken up in ur bed and said to yourself "self. Id really like to just stay here all day and do nothing." NEVER? She doesnt say she thinks about it every day, but she hates when she does.

Not everyone is lucky like you and loves to run and look at deer. Especially when its their JOB. If it was your JOB to run twice a day, I am sure you would end up hating it too.

PS: I always have to crap when I run. Its something I've always dealt with. And believe me, I am nowhere near chronic cardio.

jujeki is offline Member
    The toilet-running effect is probably the biggest reason I don't enjoy regular long distance sessions anymore. Though, it's a great motivator to run a bit faster and find relief.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast