Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Americans: Do you take the U.N seriously? page 4

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I believe I was the one who made the original statement in Gadsie's post. What I meant by not taking them seriously is that most Americans either A) have no idea they exist B) are vaguely familiar with them but couldn't careless. Others love them, others hate them but most just shrug. As such, when Gadsie was speaking about food laws enforced worldwide, I asked enforced by who, the UN? And said, that Americans would not take them seriously assuming they tried to push some agenda. America ignores them (rightly) on Kyoto, ignores them every time Iran's Mouthpiece gets up and speaks, and basically ignores everything they say.

That said, why would you take a body seriously that expects America to foot most of the bill while appointing countries like Iran, Libya, and Somalia to a council on human rights. That is like making foxes members of the chicken coop committee on chicken safety. Also, when a UN Soldier writes an email to his family saying he is about to die because Hezbollah/Hamas (I do not recall which) is using their UN outpost as a place to launch attacks on Israel and it is a matter of time until the Israeli's bomb it, how do you take them seriously as peacekeepers? The UN is frankly rather a laughable body. They seem to spend most of their time complaining that richer countries are evil while trying to exploit them for money.
    Ah, so you were the culpirt!

My summation of politics - can anyone tell me of a country where there is no political corruption? Where political moves are for the good of the individuals and not for money / resources / allies? Governments want more power, and whether the country is powerful or powerless, the government will do what they can to make themselves as powerful as possible.

Scandinavia comes as close as I've seen to getting things right but I'm sure someone with more knowledge can refute that.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Ah, so you were the culpirt!

My summation of politics - can anyone tell me of a country where there is no political corruption? Where political moves are for the good of the individuals and not for money / resources / allies? Governments want more power, and whether the country is powerful or powerless, the government will do what they can to make themselves as powerful as possible.

Scandinavia comes as close as I've seen to getting things right but I'm sure someone with more knowledge can refute that.
    Well, power seems to breed corruption so I would say that most countries have some level of greed/misuse of power. The UN seems to follow suit. I guess I just do not see the need for adding a new layer of corruption to further muddy the waters.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, power seems to breed corruption so I would say that most countries have some level of greed/misuse of power.
    The sad thing is that the people who really should be in politics are visionaries, and they are the last ones who'll do it.

Usually well-meaning people who embark into politics become corrupted, are killed, or are branded as insane. Maybe with the exception of the Dali Lama
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    For some people, their job could re-locate overseas, a bank could repossess their home and kick them out into the street, their kid could join the army to get healthcare and die in the desert a half world away.

And they'd scream about Agenda 21. Unreal.

joe2.0 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    yall are about to see how serious the american ruling class takes the UN, because they are citing UN Drug Prohibition Treaties as a reason to ignore State's legalization of marijuana. Next american war is going to be on US soil, cannabis ration militias and shit.
    They just need to either enforce federal law or change it. UN not required on the state's dope laws.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    The sad thing is that the people who really should be in politics are visionaries, and they are the last ones who'll do it.

Usually well-meaning people who embark into politics become corrupted, are killed, or are branded as insane. Maybe with the exception of the Dali Lama
    I agree with all of that. Just wanted to add that visionaries are often (mostly? always?) people who live outside the box. Sadly politicians don't get judged by their ability to do the job, but all the stupid trappings of their personal life. Don't go to church enough? Or worse yet, an atheist (gasp)? Live with your same sex partner (at least until recently)? Believe drugs should be legal? Have an Ivy League education (you elitist liberal, you)?

So, what we end up with are either mediocre (but maybe well-meaning) minded people who have no skeletons, or people who have been groomed almost from childhood by their power hungry families. It's just the way it has evolved. It's not about public service anymore.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

boomingno is offline Member

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    They just need to either enforce federal law or change it. UN not required on the state's dope laws.
    The States retain a right to make laws about weed all they want, and are free to just ignore federal weed laws if they wanna be. But, the feds are already saying, "nah that's only true on a national level- we have treaty obligations." As in, threaten to occupy individual States with UN forces.

Anybody live in Agenda 21 bubbles? Like where it isn't just theoretical? We've had Agenda 21 UN compliance construction and zoning for about 5 years now in the open. South jersey is living that model now, with demoted middleclass foreclosure people and working poor being penned into small apartment villages that line the rail tracks and interstate in clusters that contain their own state bureaucracy hospitals and county police forces and "community colleges."

and fake skies, but nobody wanted to touch that shit lol
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

joe2.0 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    The States retain a right to make laws about weed all they want, and are free to just ignore federal weed laws if they wanna be. But, the feds are already saying, "nah that's only true on a national level- we have treaty obligations." As in, threaten to occupy individual States with UN forces.

Anybody live in Agenda 21 bubbles? Like where it isn't just theoretical? We've had Agenda 21 UN compliance construction and zoning for about 5 years now in the open. South jersey is living that model now, with demoted middleclass foreclosure people and working poor being penned into small apartment villages that line the rail tracks and interstate in clusters that contain their own state bureaucracy hospitals and county police forces and "community colleges."

and fake skies, but nobody wanted to touch that shit lol
    Yeah, states can make laws but the feds can still arrest folk for selling it for example as it is a violation of federal law. Just like with medical marijuana, the feds have allowed that but its still against federal law, they are just choosing not to enforce that. I haven't heard they are hiding behind the UN (which doesn't surprise me) but the reality is they either need to man up and enforce the law or change it.

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by joe2.0 View Post
    Yeah, states can make laws but the feds can still arrest folk for selling it for example as it is a violation of federal law. Just like with medical marijuana, the feds have allowed that but its still against federal law, they are just choosing not to enforce that. I haven't heard they are hiding behind the UN (which doesn't surprise me) but the reality is they either need to man up and enforce the law or change it.
    Federal law enforcement is actually pretty weak. When they do do something, they rely heavily on local law enforcement to carry it out successfully. If police, sheriffs, etc refuse to comply with federal law, there is really only so much that the FBI and marshals can do. Sure, I wouldn't pull out a joint in front of a couple FBI agents, but if they wish to do any large scale operations to enforce a federal law and all the local law enforcement is telling them to shove off, they're mostly powerless. Especially when it's happening in several areas throughout the country.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast