Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: great site for bodyweight exercises page 2

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    When are you going? Can I either tag along or can you pick up enough materials for 2 sets and I'll hit you back?
    probably won't be able to do it for a few weeks. i should brainstorm and draw up an adequate set of plans before i actually purchase any materials. maybe next weekend we'll all have a brainstorm and wine drinking get-together
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    Great, now I have to build a dip apparatus.
    I bought a second hand walker for $5. It folds away for storage in the closet. Both my husband and I use it for dips. Best $5 I spent!
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 150 - size 8/10
    Goal:130 - size 6

My Journal

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Momto3 View Post
    I bought a second hand walker for $5. It folds away for storage in the closet. Both my husband and I use it for dips. Best $5 I spent!
    Ha ha, I ended up doing the same thing for a while, but it felt pretty rickety once I was hanging over 60-65 lbs from my homemade dip belt. Ended up getting this little gem, which hangs from my pull-up bar and works like a charm: Amazon.com: Northern Response Universal Dip Station: Sports & Outdoors

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    Ha ha, I ended up doing the same thing for a while, but it felt pretty rickety once I was hanging over 60-65 lbs from my homemade dip belt. Ended up getting this little gem, which hangs from my pull-up bar and works like a charm: Amazon.com: Northern Response Universal Dip Station: Sports & Outdoors
    Very cool!
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 150 - size 8/10
    Goal:130 - size 6

My Journal

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardCook View Post
    I've been thinking about performing this for years, but simply have not gotten around to it yet. I've seen some good plans for pvc parallettes online, and so I was thinking about only using 2" pvc for the legs and making them long/tall enough to dip on. Pvc is extremely affordable and unexpectedly powerful. seems like I must create a home depot run.
    Make sure you use schedule 40, which is heavier and stronger. It would be too bad to put all that work into homemade dip bars and have them break on you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12