40 Burpees
    30 Snatch, 75 / 45 lbs
    30 Burpees
    30 Snatch, 135 / 75 lbs
    20 Burpees
    30 Snatch, 165 / 100 lbs
    10 burpees
    Max rep Snatch, 210 / 120 lbs
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

dml
    dml is offline Senior Member
    It's like they took the first two workouts from last year and mashed them together for one.

I'm dealing with a slight injury at the moment, so my plan is to do the 40 burpees, 30 snatches at 75#, 30 more burpees, and that's it. I saw that Julie Foucher did 195 reps, which is five reps into the last set.

JimmyDamage is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, especially at first glance, this looks crazy. My max power snatch is right around 135 so the plan is to get through rep 100 and try to crank out as many snatches as I can. Buddy of mine just did 4 so that's my unofficial number to beat.

dml
    dml is offline Senior Member
    My max power snatch is also 135, but because I'm fighting an injury, I'm just going to call it after the 30 burpees. I've had some bursitis in my left shoulder and I'm afraid that any high weight snatches could get the inflammation going again. I'm making good progress right now and the long term is way more important than the short term.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I've always wondered why CF doesn't imply a reverse pyramid type of scheme. Put the higher poundage first, when your athletes are fresh, and keep the lighter ones towards the end. Does anybody know actually why? I mean, obviously it's harder the way they do it, is that simply it?
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Kvalhion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Crossfit HQ wants the open WODs to be open to everyone to participate. A lot of people wouldn't be able to start out snatching 210 or 165 so that would prevent them from doing the WOD right from the start.

The theory by starting light and progressively getting heavier is that most people can do the burpees, the 75 lb snatches, more burpees, etc. Then you start separating the men from the boys when you get to 30 snatches at 135 lbs, even more so with 30 snatches at 165 lbs. Then you get to the elite guys that may make the games with the 210 lb snatches.

Over the last few years the pattern has been pretty similar.. doing things like 7 minutes of as many burpees as possible. Everyone can try, but only the top people will really crank them out for a full seven minutes. I remember doing 200 wall balls last year and that was crazy for me.
    5-24-10 ................ 5-24-11
    Weight: 281.......... Weight: 203

10-11-10
    Weight: 259
    Total Cholesterol: 243
    LDL: 188
    HDL: 40
    Trig: 96

2-18-11
    Weight: 228
    Total Cholesterol: 239
    LDL: 183 (calc), 138 (actual)