Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Giving up sugar... page 8

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Coffee is amazing and tastes fanfuckingtastic with cream and sugar. Sugar and cream are both amazing as well. By itself, not so much. There are certain substances that accentuate the flavor of coffee.

So, here is what you can take away from my post.

Good:
    Coffee + cream + sugar
    Bad:
    Black coffee
    Ugly:
    Robert Lustig
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Echoes the quote I read somewhere on theis journey, maybe Lustig, "even dog shit tastes good if you put enough sugar in it"
    Lustig ate dog shit with sugar? The things people do in the name of science...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Lustig ate dog shit with sugar? The things people do in the name of science...
    HAHAHA ICE COLD BURN

Lustig status:
    [ ] Not told
    [ ] Told
    [X] TOLDASAURUS REX
    [X] Cash4told.com
    [X] No country for told men
    [X] Knights of the told Republic
    [X] ToldSpice
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    The obesity epidemic is almost entirely because of seed oils. From insulin resistance to gluten intolerance, unsaturate fat is the problem, not grains or sugar or anything else that we have been eating for thousands of years.
    Interesting perspective. In my mind I have associated all the health improvements that I have experienced with the step I took of eliminating grains. I had almost forgotten that at the same time I totally changed the kinds of fat I eat, mainly because I didn't cook with very much fat beforehand.

The times I have had a bad reaction - takeaway pizza, fish and chips - I put down to the gluten. But in fact it's entirely possible that hidden bad oils were the culprit instead, or as well. Especially given that I can eat a homemade lasagne with few negative consequences.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Edit: And he thought it tasted good? Guess we've solved world hunger then!

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    HAHAHA ICE COLD BURN

Lustig status:
    [ ] Not told
    [ ] Told
    [X] TOLDASAURUS REX
    [X] Cash4told.com
    [X] No country for told men
    [X] Knights of the told Republic
    [X] ToldSpice
    Lol. Random.com.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    No no, coffee tastes bad, sugar is awesome and cream is also awesome.
    So buy bags of caramels.

the_walrus0 is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who gave advice.

I personally enjoy my coffee black.

For everyone who thinks giving up sugar is a bad idea, sorry. I'm not doing it because of Dr. Lustig or Gary Taubes, I'm doing it for personal reasons. I'm not asking everyone else to do it too, just asking advice from the people who have.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678