Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up sugar... page 5

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm sorry what is with this whole defense of sugar?

Sugar absolutely can cause overeating all by its lonesome. Not all candy has a high fat content. Gummies and hard candy are usually fat-free, so is Coca-Cola but it's plenty easy to overconsume on those, no need to add butter or canola oil.

Zach is offline Banned
    Back in the day, sugar was used for weightloss. Reason being it is a powerful metabolism booster. The only people getting fat and metabolically deranged are eatin sugar alongside high fat (usually PUFA) and chemicals.

Like i said earlier, try to binge on fruit and sugar alone.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    The only people getting fat and metabolically deranged are eatin sugar alongside high fat (usually PUFA) and chemicals.
    *blinks* What? I'm pretty sure that people get fat because they are subsisting almost entirely on sugar and processed grain carbohydrates. Honestly, SAD is high on everything BUT fat - low-fat is the name of the game in health these days, and has been for quite some time - for as long as obesity has been on the rise here, in fact. I don't believe this is a coincidence.

Natural Sugars (fruit, honey, and similar) and high fat are not the problem. Excessive processed sugars combined with processed GMO grains being the base and majority of the SAD is the problem, and it's really easy to see that.

I am sure there are also plenty of fat people that eat excessive sugar AND excessive grain carbs AND excessive fat, but I think most people in the US at least strive for low-fat and remain forever-fat, because of the over-consumption of addictive grain fillers.

Zach is offline Banned
    SAD is certainly not low fat and the fat is skewed in favor of PUFA with an avoidance of saturated. Grains do not = sugar. Nothing you said relates to what i said.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Uh since when is SAD low fat?
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Back in the day, sugar was used for weightloss. Reason being it is a powerful metabolism booster. The only people getting fat and metabolically deranged are eatin sugar alongside high fat (usually PUFA) and chemicals.

Like i said earlier, try to binge on fruit and sugar alone.
    LOL! I can and have...repeatedly. I won't say never will again, because I can only hope.

Anyways, I'm not going to argue about this anymore. Eat all the sugar you want. There's certainly plenty of it available.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by s-piper View Post
    LOL! I can and have...repeatedly. I won't say never will again, because I can only hope.

Anyways, I'm not going to argue about this anymore. Eat all the sugar you want. There's certainly plenty of it available.
    What have you done, specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Uh since when is SAD low fat?
    Do you have any idea what the people around you are eating? Do you understand what SAD means? Have you looked at the food pyramid?

A low fat, moderate protein, high 'fiber' (grain) intensive diet is what is recommended by doctors and nutritionists. Low fat yogurt, fatless skinless poultry, beef with all the fat trimmed off, low fat dressing, low fat baked goods ... these are things the standard person eats, at least around me. They are in an endless drive to remove the fat from their diet, as prescribed by their doctors. When people do their obligatory around the office "omg I am so fat today because I ate ____ and it's so fatty!" they are bemoaning the butter or olive oil they ate, not the sugar content or the bread product it sat upon, which is the real problem.

Zach is offline Banned
    The STANDARD AMERICAN diet does not follow the USDA guidelines. Pizza, Mcdonalds, hamburger helper, etc. these things are the common theme among typical americans.

The people you describe may spend part of their time avoiding fat and the other part binging on it.

My point is, even if they are eating pizza and cheeseburgers, the worst part is not the fat. If they were eating just cheese and meat sauce without the excessive dense dough, would the same obesity problem exist? I suspect not. *shrug*

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast