Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bacon will kill you!!! page 3

otzi Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I have a conspiracy theory in my head that human bodies don't process fresh pork well because the flesh is so similar to ours that it confuses it with cannibalism
    I wonder what our blood would look like on George (my neighbor I have been eyeballing as a food source after the zombie apocolypse)?

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I wonder what our blood would look like on George (my neighbor I have been eyeballing as a food source after the zombie apocolypse)?
    If he's still human, I'm guessing like Figure 2. If he's a zombie when you try and eat him, I'm guessing like Figure 1. I think the zombification process is similar to the curing process.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Salt cured or smoked? I thought zombification was similar to putrification which is eww.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Well thats the thing about life... nobody gets out alive.

sixpack-rc is offline Senior Member
    It's actually a study on how bad smoking is for you:

Here is the link to the article: BBC News - Processed meat 'early death' link.

If you read the actual study (I did, of course) you find that they found no change in mortality rates for people who didn't smoke and never smoked. They go on to say that the results *could* be improper adjustment for the smoking confounding factor. In other words, smokers lied about how much they smoked....and now the media is lying about the study because it fits the narrative. Here is the exact wording from the provisional pdf which can be found here: http://www.biomedcentral.com/content...7015-11-63.pdf

"We cannot exclude residual confounding, in particular due to incomplete adjustment for active and passive smoking. The sub-group analysis for processed meat showed heterogeneity according to smoking, with significant associations only in former and current smokers and no significant associations in never smokers, which is compatible with residual confounding by smoking."

Yet it gets reported as fact.

~rc

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Interesting photo's there choco. Actually I'd like to see how they look from consuming a 6hr slow smoked rack of ribs.

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Rc, thanks for seeking out the original. Amusing how these actual results didn't make it anywhere near the article.

Also amusing -
    The researchers, writing in the journal BMC Medicine, said salt and chemicals used to preserve the meat may damage health.
    The British Heart Foundation suggested opting for leaner cuts of meat.
    Not bad as a perfect non sequitur, but lacks ambition. More journalists should be asking the British Heart Foundation for a response to new studies...

"The researchers said being run over by a bus may damage health.
    The British Heart Foundation suggested opting for leaner cuts of meat."
    "The researchers said being attacked by zombie gerbils from outer space may damage health.
    The British Heart Foundation suggested opting for leaner cuts of meat."

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boneidle24seven View Post
    And they offer some sound advice at the end too;

A healthy, balanced diet containing other good sources of iron - such as lentils, beans, eggs, fish, chicken, nuts and breakfast cereals - is advised.

There we have it. More Cheerios anyone?
    And that works really for someone with gluten sensitivities and that can't stomach lentils or beans without massive gas attacks. This totally work well for me. Sure
    Georgette

Little Women is offline Member
    The article also did not say whether they separated out processed meats containing fillers or grains of various types from other meats. Eg, if it's OK to eat a hamburger that you make at home, would it then also be OK to eat sausage that you make at home? And in that case, what would be the differences between that sausage and a processed sausage? It would have to be in the chemicals or filters added to it. And in that case, not all processed meats are equal.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Seriously folks, if you're THAT worried about bacon being processed, buy pork belly or pig snout. Cut slices. Fry until crisp, no oil needed.

Bingo! Uncured, unprocessed bacon that tastes, in some ways, even better!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast