Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone have a Concept 2 rower? Any comments or reviews, please? page 3

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I sometimes like to do tabata sprints; 20 seconds of all out, 10 seconds of just keeping the flywheel going. That works best with a lower damper setting. The concept2.com site has great technique tips as well as a workout of the day. If you haven't checked it out, take a look!

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vick View Post
    With modifications. I use just a single weight. I hold it as a static hold at the max moment until failure. It produces excellent recruitment of muscles, right to the core. It really saves the beating on the joints because you have to greatly reduce the weight.

I feel great.

If I can't make it to the gym for the row, then I use the stationary bike at home. I still follow the 6 reps of 30 seconds sprint and 30 seconds rest.

I try and follow the format of once a week weights and 3 times a week sprinting.
    Hey Vick .... Interesting.

I followed a series of movements today all held for time.
    Pullups - 23 seconds
    Diamond pressups - 23 seconds
    Chins - 20 seconds
    Pressups - 30 seconds

Pullups - 18 seconds
    Diamonds - 20 seconds
    Chins 18 seconds
    Pressups - 35 seconds

2 rounds:
    Lunges - 3 minutes continuous
    Plank - 45 seconds
    Leg lever - 30 seconds

None of the static holds were done to absolute failure. It was originally a pt workout with reps for each movement. What I did was convert reps into seconds and added another 10 seconds. So 13 pullups became pullups for 23 seconds.

Great workout.

Rower wise....Check out the conept 2 site for a daily workout. OR I would highly recommend checking out 'Renegade rowing.com' and their blog for daily workouts. It is literally awesome.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardmac View Post
    Hey Vick .... Interesting.

I followed a series of movements today all held for time.
    Pullups - 23 seconds
    Diamond pressups - 23 seconds
    Chins - 20 seconds
    Pressups - 30 seconds

Pullups - 18 seconds
    Diamonds - 20 seconds
    Chins 18 seconds
    Pressups - 35 seconds

2 rounds:
    Lunges - 3 minutes continuous
    Plank - 45 seconds
    Leg lever - 30 seconds

None of the static holds were done to absolute failure. It was originally a pt workout with reps for each movement. What I did was convert reps into seconds and added another 10 seconds. So 13 pullups became pullups for 23 seconds.

Great workout.

Rower wise....Check out the conept 2 site for a daily workout. OR I would highly recommend checking out 'Renegade rowing.com' and their blog for daily workouts. It is literally awesome.

Richard
    would have been great if you typed 'oarsome'

bilbo2 is offline Member
    I have a C2 rower I got a few years ago. I chose it because of its excellent reputation for quality, simplicity and versatility for all fitness levels. It is a very good buy for the money and can last almost literally a lifetime and beyond. The C2 company has a very good rep for customer support.

I also got the C2 because at the time, my health was so poor I could barely walk, and I wanted a beginning workout I could do sitting down. At first I could not even use it with my feet in the stirrups, so I used it with them on the floor. Even so I quickly improved my condition to the point I could start taking daily walks.

I use my rower in front of the TV, and to answer another poster's question, it is pretty quiet as far as noise output. Mostly a subdued whooshing sound.

Recommended.

twa2w is online now Senior Member
    Has anyone tried the new versa pulley rower from Versa climber - it actually pulls back at you. So you get resistance both ways.
    Also has anyone tried the stand up ergometer from concept 2 called a skierg.??
    One more while I am at it - any experience with the water rower?

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love/hate the C2 rower. I love it because it is the best, best, BEST cardio/conditioning piece of equipment there is. I hate it because it's HARD and nothing gets me breathing hard, shaking, and wrecked faster than 400m sprints on the rower.

Form is a big deal with rowing, and with the wrong form your movement is so inefficient that you're getting like a third of the benefit. So make sure your form is really locked in. Watch youtube videos if you don't have a coach. I did a lot of longer rows on the lowest setting to get my form memorized. The cue from a coach that had the biggest effect on me was: after I've pulled back, let the handle pass over my knees first BEFORE they bend on the way back in. Also, one breath pull, two breaths retract. The pull starts with the legs, ends with the elbows pointing straight behind you, and is explosive, and then you recover on the way back in. I chant in my head as I row, "PULL easy slide PULL easy slide..." and it helps me keep that explode-recover timing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123