Thread: My biggest challenge with Primal... page

KatieM is offline Junior Member

My biggest challenge with Primal...

I know is going to be my hubsand, diet coke addition and chocolate.

He IS a carb crap eater. He will give me a ration of do-do if I don't eat. When he cookes everything is covered with stuff.

I know that I will feel SO better.

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    The first step will be controlling the cooking, I started cooking everything Primal style took my wife and kids 2 weeks to figure it out :-)
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

CanisDirus is offline Member
    My boyfriend doesn't eat primal, he eats mainly crappy carbs and processed junk. However, since I took over the cooking he is slowly starting to eat better. I doubt he will ever follow the diet as closely as I do, but following it loosely is better than not at all!

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Just make yourself commit to one week without the diet cokes. I drank them fairly regularly during my first couple of months following the PB, but decided one day I had had enough. I went cold turkey for a full week, and I kid you not, my cravings for them are almost gone. I'm happy I did that.

As for the eating, you have to put your foot down. Take your shoes off first and make it a real Grokian display. That's what I did with suppers in my house. Well, to be fair there was no real discussion and I didn't really say "hey woman, the foot is goin' DOWN" or anything... I just quit eating things I didn't want to eat. There were a lot of potatoes, french fries, spaghetti, and garlic toast scraped into the garburator in that first couple of months.

A good friend of mine said he had this problem, where he basically "had" to eat crap some nights, because his wife would bring McDonald's home for supper, and he didn't want to waste the $8 or whatever she had spent on his Quarter Pounder meal with extra cheeseburger. I asked him "how many of those do you think you'd have to dump in the garbage before she stopped doing that?"

You are responsible for what you eat! You can even give a little cavewoman grunt as you turn your nose at the garbage carbs for extra effect.

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    There are certain things you can do to phase in this lifestyle. I started with the grocery shopping which led to the cooking and by the 2nd week it was over. The wife was loving the new menu. I told her about it afterwards and she is on board 100%.

You can come out and demand he change his ways, have a good conversation or just slowly take over the cooking process. If you do the shopping and he goes out and gets crap then thats on him but at least you'll have the good stuff as the only option at home for him.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

jadeocean is offline Member
    I made the decision to do PB and I also do all the grocery shopping...I do not have anything in my home (other than some yogurt for my son) that I can't eat. If my husband wants junk, he knows where he can get it and how to get there. I made the decision that I want my family to be healthy and if he isn't on board then he will be when he notices the changes in the rest of us. Luckily my H is pretty into bettering himself and really when he sees goat cheese crusted lamb chops or steak & eggs on his plate, he does not complain! Now when I did couscous/brown rice/fish/chicken every other night, who knows what he was picking up for himself!LOL!
    Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
    Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    Tonight I cooked my mahi mahi, broccoli rabb, spinach, and olive oil, and my DH made himself a pizza!

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    PrimalCon New York
    Divorce him. Sell the kids to the glue factory. Burn down the house. You know you'll feel SO much better.