Thread: Sleeping question page

aPaulius is offline Junior Member

Sleeping question

Primal Fuel
    Hello,

I am that kind of person who loves to save time and work hard for long hours.

I have one quoestion, is it possible to go primal and sleep about 5-6 hours per day?

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Sure, if that's what your body wants. If you get those 5-6 hours of sleep but find yourself tired during the day, your body wants more.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

boomingno is offline Member
    Not everybody needs 8+ hours of sleep, but getting enough sleep is pretty non-negotiable for good health. If you feel good after 5 hours of sleep, great! But if you're dragging yourself out of bed because "sleep is for the weak", or you have too much stuff to do, well, I think the answer to your question is no. I wouldn't think of it as wasted time though - its vital for good health.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aPaulius View Post
    Hello,

I have one quoestion, is it possible to go primal and sleep about 5-6 hours per day?
    Possible? Of course. There are very few absolutes to calling yourself "Primal." Is it optimal? Not likely.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    It depends on your body, of course. Some people can naturally get by with less sleep. Not me.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

paul119 is offline Senior Member
    Only getting 5-6 hours of sleep per night will definitely catch up to you sooner or later. I'd recommend 7 at the minimum, 8 if possible.

You could try meta-learning (basically how to become a better learner) to help jet-stream your working process. Might enable you to catch an extra hour or two of sleep a night.
    Travel, eat well, and learn about life - three things I love to do

Curious about what YOU should pack next time you're on the road? Check out my Definitive Guide to Backpacking Nutrition

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aPaulius View Post
    Hello,

I don't know whether it's "primal" -- and I suppose that depends on what you mean by primal.

But I'll address the question "Is it advisable?"

No, it's not. Among other things, you would probably be setting yourself up for obesity (lack of sleep disrupts hormones that help regulate that), for reduced mental functioning, for lowered immunity, and ... even for cancer.

Read this:

Sleeping Away Cancer - Caveman Doctor