Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ideal weight page 3

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    As a pear shaped sufferer who lifted for years, I would caution someone who wants a decrease in the upper leg size against heavy squats. In me, it leads to quad blowing up, and fat still remaining in the outside pouches, so the leg looks bigger. I concentrate on deadlifts, KBs and lunges to prevent squat from over-growing, and to stimulate hamstring instead. Well, not now, now I am doing X-Fit WODs, and I am not sure what I am going to do next. I find that swimming and skating are often recommended as a thigh reduction mechanism. I uhm failed to see the effect, though I swim and skate regularly. Only extreme fat loss on a very complex split macros and calories schedule with workouts that take a lot of time (90 min a day with an extra 30-60 min of slow cardio in addition to slow motion) led to me losing fat but not upper body muscle. I could not hold the result.

I also have been trying to not eat pork, so not eat red meat > 1x a day, and increase fish, eggs and dairy as my dietary source of protein.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    According to an online calculator, my ideal body weight is about 123 pounds. Based on how I looked when I was skinny fat and sedentary, if I was sedentary I think that might have been about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    As a pear shaped sufferer who lifted for years, I would caution someone who wants a decrease in the upper leg size against heavy squats. In me, it leads to quad blowing up, and fat still remaining in the outside pouches, so the leg looks bigger. I concentrate on deadlifts, KBs and lunges to prevent squat from over-growing, and to stimulate hamstring instead. Well, not now, now I am doing X-Fit WODs, and I am not sure what I am going to do next. I find that swimming and skating are often recommended as a thigh reduction mechanism. I uhm failed to see the effect, though I swim and skate regularly. Only extreme fat loss on a very complex split macros and calories schedule with workouts that take a lot of time (90 min a day with an extra 30-60 min of slow cardio in addition to slow motion) led to me losing fat but not upper body muscle. I could not hold the result.
    Twenty-five years away from speedskating and the hip sled machine, on which I used to do massive weights, has returned my thighs to normal in size.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123