Thread: Salad Dressings? page

MyPrimalLife is offline Senior Member

Salad Dressings?

Is there a problem with salad dressing like Blue Cheese as long as they don't have sugar added to them? I've found a lot that have like 1 or 2 carbs and no sugar. It's just fat basically. Why would this be a problem?

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    ew not at all its the rancid oil in them, modified corn/food starch, one of the 93465123 names for sugar(-ose)

a bleu cheese-like dressing i know of is to cook down some butter & cream, add bleu cheese crumbles. pour it in a container & add homemade mayo if you want for a thicker dressing/dip. store it in a mason jar in the fridge

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Avoiding any sort of rancid, genetically modified vegetable oils is far more important than avoiding a little bit of sugar. Even if they used something better like olive oil, you still don't know how they pressed it and what kind of situations it has been subjected to. Best to make your own with only good ingredients that you know haven't been damaged or adulterated.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    I think y'all are exaggerating a little by using the word "rancid," but yeah, it is disappointing how many dressings are made with soybean oil or canola oil. I'm on the verge of just bringing a little go-bottle of olive oil & vinegar with my work lunches instead. (Bonus - it's loads cheaper!)

MyPrimalLife is offline Senior Member
    I mean...can't I just pop some omega 3 capsules to balance it out? I'm not trying to be a primal nazi...I just want to lose weight and get fit and be healthy.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No you can't because they will be oxidized and cause all sorts of free radical damage regardless. Omega 3 will balance out non-oxidized omega 6 fats but all of the oils in processed food will be oxidized (rancid). And also there is only so much omega 3 one can take in and the ideal omega 3:6 ratio is 1:1 so consuming lots of vegetable oil is bad regardless.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!