Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How To Make Your Own Earthing Sheet page 2

Paleobird Guest
    Wow. I never cease to be amazed at the hokum people will buy, hook, line, and sinker.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Wow. I never cease to be amazed at the hokum people will buy, hook, line, and sinker.
    EMF Protection Pendant for Children, Child Resonator | EarthCalm

Only $198 for a child-resonator!

Protect your children's vulnerable, developing brains and nervous systems from harmful EMFs that bombard them.

Help your children to:

Be calmer
    Concentrate better
    Sleep more deeply
    Do better in school
    Have fewer colds and other chronic illnesses

“… my daughter’s grades turned around and she found renewed enthusiasm for her schoolwork … I believe that her lack of concentration was due to the fact that her school has a cell phone tower right on the premises.” Karen B, Pittsburgh, PA

“I was amazed to find my hyperactive son begin to calm down and play more quietly after I put the Resonator on him…his teacher is noticing he can concentrate better now, his attention span has really improved…” Amy S., CA

“My niece wore a Resonator for a week and at first thought she didn’t notice much…she’s a normal ‘healthy’ kid. Then she realized she was waking up earlier than usual, not tired for the whole day at school.” Tino B., Botswana

Before we put the Child Resonator on my 3-year-old granddaughter, she was not very emotionally-expressive…it was hard to know what was happening inside her. Now, after a few weeks, we are noticing that she has become quite expressive about her feelings… She also sleeps better. Sherrie T., Red Bluff, CA

Megatron is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Dear Lord. These people have children.

To the OP, I will think of you sadly tonight in my nice comfy bed. Also, I don't think Grok slept on coat hangers? But what do I know.

jpi
    jpi is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the excellent video. I've also designed a DIY device that I've been using for the past four years, with great success. I posted the instructions at Home-Made Grounding Device . It's been built by tens of thousands of people. By the way, this thread has a lot of cynical comments about Earthing and I would advise the commenters to try it before they dismiss it. To quote Hamlet, "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzynavel View Post
    I'm thinking placebo affect unless proven otherwise with a double blind study
    Why do things like this have to be proven by some (usually taxpayer funded) study? It if works, it works, placebo or not.

Our bodies operate off electricity a medical fact. The earth has its own frequency, another fact. Why is it so hard to imagine that body to earth contact might, just might, have some benefit for our bodies?

I go barefoot a lot, I feel better in many ways because I'm barefoot. Is it because of earthing? Hell, I don't know but it is a fact that I feel better.

People will pump their bodies full of chemicals, at great expense both monetarily and physically trying to feel better. And these medications (OTC or prescription), all have had various studies done to demonstrate their effectiveness. The fact that the studies are funded by the drug manufacturers of course skews the results and it is too late for some people to find out before the damage is done (Vioxx, Phen-Phen), etc.

But come up with some relatively cheap idea that at the least, won't do your body any harm and it is immediately discounted because there has not been millions of (taxpayer) dollars spent to study it for decades.

Going barefoot benefits me in many ways. I don't need reams of paper from studies to prove anything to me. I will try the earthing thing despite there not being 3 decades of studies done to prove it being effective, or not.

Have there been
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzynavel View Post
    I'm thinking placebo affect unless proven otherwise with a double blind study
    to prove the effectiveness of the Primal Blueprint/Paleo diets and way of life? I haven't seen them and I don't need to see them, it works for me.

And looking at the instructions, I can't imagine the home made version of a grounding mat costing much more than 50 bucks if that. What is that? About the cost of a dozen trips to Starbucks? Less than the cost of a months worth of a lot of toxic chemicals (medications)?

If it looks stupid but it works, it ain't stupid.
    Last edited by texas.grok; 03-21-2014 at 06:57 AM.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

pilot is offline Senior Member
    But I don't go to Starbucks.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    But I don't go to Starbucks.
    However do you survive?
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    I think there is something to it. I made my own device with these instructions.
    http://www.naturesplatform.com/earthing.html
    It's cheap and easy, worth a try. I seem to sleep better with it. I even had my girlfriend plug it in or unplug it without telling me and I could tell the difference.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

earthlymumma is offline Senior Member
    Geez. I kinda feel sorry for all the skeptics. Sort of.

Sleeping on the earth itself would be best, its natural and would have so many benefits.
    Just sleeping on the floor on a few blankets makes my sleep AMAZINGLY better. Ill never sleep on a mattress again, they are bloody scams, some dickhead thought years ago he could sell something soft to sleep on and now look at how many companies make millions off peoples gullibility, like we NEED a mattress. Lol.

This earthing stuff I haven't looked into yet properly and the electrical bit intimidates me, and it kind of seems a little unnatural "plugging" into the earth, despite the theory of trying to get a more natural sleep.

But I don't doubt it makes for a better sleep if done right, and in this day and age is an easier alternative to sleeping on the earth, so may be the next best thing, if slightly less effective.
    I wish I could sleep on the earth though.

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by earthlymumma View Post
    Geez. I kinda feel sorry for all the skeptics. Sort of.

Sleeping on the earth itself would be best, its natural and would have so many benefits.
    Just sleeping on the floor on a few blankets makes my sleep AMAZINGLY better. Ill never sleep on a mattress again, they are bloody scams, some dickhead thought years ago he could sell something soft to sleep on and now look at how many companies make millions off peoples gullibility, like we NEED a mattress. Lol.

This earthing stuff I haven't looked into yet properly and the electrical bit intimidates me, and it kind of seems a little unnatural "plugging" into the earth, despite the theory of trying to get a more natural sleep.

But I don't doubt it makes for a better sleep if done right, and in this day and age is an easier alternative to sleeping on the earth, so may be the next best thing, if slightly less effective.
    I wish I could sleep on the earth though.
    I'd love to actually sleep outside on the ground sometime, away from lights and noise and people, go to sleep when it is dark, wake up with the sun. This would probably have benefits much beyond electrically grounding yourself.

The thing about mattresses being a scam sounds kind of crazy. People prefer to sleep on soft pads rather than hard wood and rocks and such. Companies fill this demand. It is hardly a vast conspiracy.

As for grounding being unnatural, it is, just like wearing shoes and living in buildings and rarely having your bare meat touch the natural surface of the earth. The idea is to electrically replicate that connection that our modern unnatural lifestyle has eliminated, unless you sleep outside on the ground every night. I don't know if all the hard science is there, but many people have seen benefits.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast