Thread: thermogenic supplements page

ajcunn87 is offline Junior Member

thermogenic supplements

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A friend of mine who also eats paleoly, also buys into all the get fit quick drug and supplements. (Colon cleansers and other snake oil.) He just started taking these thermogenic pills. He says they raise your body temp to make you sweat and give you energy. Im guessing its all in the name of burning calories. They don't seem safe to me snd it seems like all they do is make his skin red. Anyone know anything about this drugs/supplements? To me if your eating right you don't need energy pills and if you exercise you'll sweat.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Interesting first post. What is your interest in this crap?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Im not generaly a big forum person, but I ask becuase im a bit concerned fo my friend. He gets so catch up in trying to loose weigh quickly that he will put anything in his body. I don't plan to take them. I don't even like multi-vitamins. (I can never remember to take them so why waste the money) I assume they are "crap" but I just would like to know how bad. From my own research I've seen both side but I've not seen a paleo let alone a primal opinion.

otzi Guest
    If you could find out what the pills are, it would be helpful. Cayenne Pepper is thermogenic, so is Bitter Melon--both very safe supplements.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    If he's getting a red flush to his skin, maybe it has niacin in it. That will give you a 'hot' feeling and make your skin red for a brief time. Some people use it to detox their liver. Not a totally bad thing but not a necessarily a good thing either.
    Easier and cheaper to use a sauna.

Not sure the brand hes using. But what I've found in the ones I looked up they look a red bull withour the sugar. I told him about cayenne pepper but he is very insistent on using this stuff. I know he has to come to the best choice on his own. I just want him to have the facts. We kinda went paleo together but I when primal blueprint and he just eats paleo and does chronic cardio and chronic strength training. Its just frustrating. But it is his life. And now im venting but thanks for listening.