Storing fat WITHOUT insulin - ASP
ASP (acylation stimulating protein)
How much influence does ASP have? Is it a master, 2nd, or 3rd order hormone?
The jury is still out but nonetheless ASP throws a wrench into the issue of how one could stall on their weight-loss while low-carb but eating... TOO much fat.
The ASP mechanism seems to indicate that a high-fat diet will eventually hit an equilibrium point, where on average stored fat remains constant.
Personally, I think cutting carbs/insulin gets you 80% of the results. The other stuff like this can lumped in to the other 20% (exercise, stress, nutrient deficiencies, sleep, calories, etc.).
Think about this: if you couldn't store fat while eating fat (even in caloric excess), you would become fatally dead at 0% body fat.
Nonetheless, its something interesting to think about and research.
What If Low Carb Is Wrong? Does ASP Prove That Insulin Doesn
Storing Fat while in Ketosis | FitnessLowDown.com
Last edited by Eddoword; 03-05-2013 at 10:02 PM.