Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gripe - overcooking meat page 3

Megatron is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am one of those women who will not accept bitchin' about any food I work hard to buy, prepare, and put on the table. I have too much anxiety about food to handle it, and I don't see why I should. Eat it or starve, sucker! Or make your own food. No complaining. Luckily my own SO loves what I've made so far.

However, if he truly loves his meat overdone, well, I don't see that as such a big deal. Cut it into two parts and let him keep cooking until it's ruined, whatever.

But if someone called my cooking gross and demanded a re-do, I'd keep the steak and ditch the SO. Or at least, stop cooking for them.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    I would say yes... but that's because I prefer all my meat raw and he likes it to at least "greet" the pan.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Danni is offline Junior Member
    I went to a cooking seminar once and the chef (from a fancy restaurant) said he refused to cook meat above medium. If anything cooked more than medium was ordered, he cooked it medium anyways and covered it in sauce so the customer couldn't tell. Sounds like a good plan to me haha.
    Last edited by Danni; 03-06-2013 at 09:19 AM.

vintageeats is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danni View Post
    I went to a cooking seminar once and the chef (from a fancy restaurant) said he refused to cook meat above medium. If anything cooked more than medium was ordered, he cooked it medium anyways and covered it in sauce so the customer couldn't tell. Sounds like a good plan to me haha.
    I heard a similar story about chefs who swap a good piece of meat out for one of lesser quality when some sucker orders it well done. Won't know the difference anyway, and is really likely to coat it in steak sauce/ketchup. Shudder.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vintageeats View Post
    I heard a similar story about chefs who swap a good piece of meat out for one of lesser quality when some sucker orders it well done. Won't know the difference anyway, and is really likely to coat it in steak sauce/ketchup. Shudder.

Yup, happened to my hubby, he ordered a very well done filet, they gave him wd sirloin.
    Weve never been back to that resturant.. And yes .. He could tell the difrence
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123