Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Learn how to eat clay. Oookay. page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Learn how to eat clay. Oookay.

So what are people's thoughts on eating clay?!

This was posted by a vegan friend of mine so I'm inclined to completely disregard it, but maybe I'm being too cynical.

http://wakeup-world.com/2013/02/05/d...entonite-clay/
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Eating clay is a sign of an iron deficiency. Do you think vegans might have an iron deficiency? I think they might.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Eating clay is a sign of an iron deficiency. Do you think vegans might have an iron deficiency? I think they might.
    Yep, I think some liver pate' sounds tastier than clay.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yep, I think some liver pate' sounds tastier than clay.
    For lunch today I had chicken livers and green beans sauteed in chicken fat with some sliced almonds on top. Yum.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    This is nothing new to me. My mom is a German, and I have spent long years living there. The health food stores there all carry a product called "heilerde", which means nothing more than "healing earth", from a company named "Luvos". They make two kinds - external use and internal use. I have done both, and nothing was tough about taking it. The heilerde (actually a kind of clay) is a dirt color, as you would expect, but is sterilized, highly purified and very finely ground.

Nobody makes anything of anybody using it and almost everybody knows of it. I haven't heard claims of it absorbing radiation like the article states, just in cases of heartburn, indigestion, diarrhea and the like. It is not crazy at all - just unknown generally here, and some claims as to what it can potentially do might be far-fetched.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    For lunch today I had chicken livers and green beans sauteed in chicken fat with some sliced almonds on top. Yum.
    Breakfast was Mackerel, Mushrooms, chicken liver and eggs.

From a co-worker (who wants me to do something for her on her computer but didn't want to start it at five to ten): "Oh that's right. You don't have morning tea. or lunch."
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Timthetaco Guest
    Fast forward to the present. A study from Arizona State University found bentonite clay extremely effective in destroying MRSA, salmonella and E. coli, among other potentially deadly bacteria.
    I'd be interested to read that.

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    What I have heard about bentonite clay is that it is generally used in detox diet and absorbs toxins out of the body. I bought some and tried it... Yeh, I'm going to stick with my bacon.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Interesting, I've never heard of this before.

I'm not going to make any assumptions without having any kind of knowledge about it, but for now, I'm happy with my clay-free diet
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    This is nothing new to me. My mom is a German, and I have spent long years living there. The health food stores there all carry a product called "heilerde",

Nobody makes anything of anybody using it and almost everybody knows of it. I haven't heard claims of it absorbing radiation like the article states, just in cases of heartburn, indigestion, diarrhea and the like.
    Interesting... Does it work?

Similarly, in India they take charcoal tablets for stomach upsets.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast