Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Learn how to eat clay. Oookay. page 2

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Anyone even considering ingesting psyllium and kitty litter (yes, that's one of the main uses for bentonite clay) should take a look at this article.

Do you really want THAT coming out of you?

http://quackfiles.blogspot.com/2004/...ious-idea.html

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Fast forward to the present. A study from Arizona State University found bentonite clay extremely effective in destroying MRSA, salmonella and E. coli, among other potentially deadly bacteria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    I'd be interested to read that.
    Voila! Evaluation of the medicinal use of clay minerals as antibacterial agents

Let us know what it says
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Anyone even considering ingesting psyllium and kitty litter (yes, that's one of the main uses for bentonite clay) should take a look at this article.

Do you really want THAT coming out of you?

Confessions of a Quackbuster: Mucoid Plaque - a dubious idea
    I really wish I hadn't seen that right before bedtime
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Interesting... Does it work?

Similarly, in India they take charcoal tablets for stomach upsets.
    I tried the clay because some Kraut claimed it turned white hair dark again, and my family has this genetic thing where the gals in the maternal line turn white ridiculously early, and that includes me. I didn't take it long enough, just some playing around, to call it a real attempt. I never had heartburn in Germany - that started after I returned to the US, funny enough. Long story short - dunno, but some folks I knew took it for that and liked the effect.

I did more with clay on the face, but that isn't the question posted by the OP.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12