Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I appear to be a food black-hole page

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member

I appear to be a food black-hole

WFT is wrong with me I seem to be able to eat a huge amount at the moment, fair enough I'm low on sleep and fighting off a cold but - Lunch about 1ish - 4 strips of bacon, chopped up, fried till crsipy, chuck in 400g chicken livers, then chuck in a couple of eggs, then when the eggs have set, eat the bloody lot all by myself.

Dinner about 6ish, roast chicking - leg, thigh, wing and breast meat (probably about a 1/3 of a 2kg bird) steamed broccoli, a reasonable sized portion, carrots and parsnips roasted in butter and lard (which is NOM) and shredded savoy and pointed cabbage sauted in butter, a massive pile with real gravy made with cream.

Then some almonds, 25g bar of 85% chocolate, then a bit of a 'paleo' brownie/cake thing my OH made last night.
    Then when clearing up the kitchen I scraped the roasting pan out of butter and lard and stuck on parsnips and ate that, which was nice, then I ate the last bits of cabbage that were left in the pan. Then I had a banana with peanut butter and some cashew nuts and some more chocolate, and I could eat more.

I've not even been all that active today, took kids to play gym in the morning for a couple of hours and followed the little one round, went for a 3 mile walk in the afternoon, not much really.

If I was losing a ton of weight I'd say I'd got worms
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Okay, you said you are able to eat all that and could even eat more. But were you hungry for all of it?

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    I don't have any answers, but I'm certainly impressed.

Hell yes, and I'm still hungry

I decided I was definatly hungry and not just picking when I ate the cold cabbage from the pan, that's not a just picking choice of snack
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I don't have any answers, but I'm certainly impressed.
    Thank-you sir

OH and I had a couple of coffes with cream for 'breakfast' along with some vit c, multi vit/mineral, magnesium, and EPA, mmm pills.

I take it that is a lot of food and not just me

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I have been hearing this lately from a few gals and guys alike around the MDA, and I feel like a food-Hoover as well. I was actually thinking that it might be a seasonal thing. I know that in summer heat I eat less and lighter.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Do you always eat this much or is it just now when you are fighting off a cold? I ask because recently I had a cold and I was ravenous, even woke up at night and ate. I didn't gain any weight and now that I'm over the cold my appetite has gone back to normal. I'm curious to know if any one else has experienced this.

Yeah I'm often more hungry when fighting off a cold, and don't usally gain anything, it's often fruit I crave when it's a cold. I also get hungry when I've not slept well, I guess that's probably down to leptin (it normally is )

Not sure it's the cold, maybe it is though, it's not much warmer yet, but getting there, and the sun is coming out so I've been going out in just a t-shirt a couple of times, and often just a light fleece, so maybe I'm getting colder while trying to enjoy the 'warm' sun.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Maybe you are deficient in something?

You know how people who aren't getting enough salt constantly feel thirsty? Maybe there's some element (magnesium? sodium? iron?) that you are missing so you are being prompted to eat more.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast