Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEED bikini abs page

GuitarGirl is offline Junior Member

NEED bikini abs

Primal Fuel
    Hi, all. I'm 21 and work full-time. I don't have much time to exercise or much money to join a gym. It's currently cold here in NYC, so outdoor sports are limited. How can I get in shape? I really want flat abs instead of this pouchy skin at the base of my belly. How can I change this?

Also, any advice on my diet? I eat chicken and carrots every day, which is good. I also incorporate fruits like tangerines and apples and mandarins. But I live on Larabars (sometimes 3 a day) and Starbucks bottled Frappuccinos (2 per day). I need the coffee to stay awake, and I have a major sweet tooth.

Can anyone provide any advice and/or direction?

Thanks!

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    Abs are made more in the kitchen than the Gym.For them to show you have to remove the fat from your belly. Keep it simple, cut the carbs and work on any ab routine you can find on the net, Planks are a good start. You can hit your abs every day too. You don't need a gym, you just need the drive to do it.

Good luck
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

glorth2 is offline Senior Member
    A) You burn more calories in the cold so, get outside. If that fails, do pushups.
    B) What kind of chicken? Always breasts? Carrots are good for you but if you're primarily concerned with weight loss there are better vegetables to eat. At least mix it up.
    C) Yes, stop, and I mean STOP drinking 2 Starbucks bottled Frappuccinos/day and STOP eating 3 Larabars/day. You can have some black coffee with some real cream and small amount of real sugar but the fraps are loaded with calories. Also, if you're eating 3 larabars/day you should be eating something real instead of the larabars.

As you cut out sugar, you will get rid of your sweet tooth.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Uh, seriously? Did you even click the "start here" links?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

bostonwolf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGirl View Post
    Hi, all. I'm 21 and work full-time. I don't have much time to exercise or much money to join a gym. It's currently cold here in NYC, so outdoor sports are limited. How can I get in shape? I really want flat abs instead of this pouchy skin at the base of my belly. How can I change this?

Also, any advice on my diet? I eat chicken and carrots every day, which is good. I also incorporate fruits like tangerines and apples and mandarins. But I live on Larabars (sometimes 3 a day) and Starbucks bottled Frappuccinos (2 per day). I need the coffee to stay awake, and I have a major sweet tooth.

Can anyone provide any advice and/or direction?

Thanks!
    I just jogged in Central Park two weeks ago. I was far from the only one out there.

And from past experience if your fitness goal is related to vanity (your abs) you probably aren't going to stick with it.

If you really want abs, ditch the crappy, sugar laden food, buy some outdoor workout gear and get to it. There is no magic pill, no magic diet, no magic workout.
    ----------
    Primal since August 2012. CW: 317.
    1/8/13: 303.5 | 2/12/13: 298.5 | 2/26/13 295 | 3/07/2013 291.5

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    The only way to get bikini abs is to sit in a tub of cold water for 2 hours a day and eat nothing but white potatoes that have been cooked then cooled.

bostonwolf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    The only way to get bikini abs is to sit in a tub of cold water for 2 hours a day and eat nothing but white potatoes that have been cooked then cooled.
    I forgot about that method. My apologies.
    ----------
    Primal since August 2012. CW: 317.
    1/8/13: 303.5 | 2/12/13: 298.5 | 2/26/13 295 | 3/07/2013 291.5

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Don't forget the iodine.

GuitarGirl is offline Junior Member
    I thought this was a safe place to ask questions and get help. Thanks for mocking and bashing me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast