Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEED bikini abs page 3

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    as I bask in cold water, eating cold taters, and sipping a cold potato-based alcoholic infusion resplendent with minerals, I shall visualize our concurrent progress and ultimate success, for I am nothing if not ... something, I forget the word.
    An aphasiac?

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    An aphasiac?
    Oysters are my favorite aphasiacs. But that's not the word I was thinking of. Well, it was probably malapropriate for such a cordial forum anyway.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Oysters are my favorite aphasiacs. But that's not the word I was thinking of. Well, it was probably malapropriate for such a cordial forum anyway.
    You mean that's not the word you weren't thinking of. And, technically, we're only a cordial forum if you drink us after dinner.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    aphrodisiacs, aphasiacs, but what about AfroRican? Way better than iodine and cold
    thermogenisis - it'll also take you back to high school if you're as old as I am...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIo3KXZdnUs

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGirl View Post
    Alternatives to the options I'm currently eating, maybe? That could be helpful
    It was probably the way you started your post: giving excuses at the get-go. Most of us work full time, and many live where it's winter and cold.

To get "abs", you should exercise, and you need to eat right. You're on the definition of an "eat real foods" website/forum (someone did link the Primal 101) so that would be what we'd suggest switching the processed foods out for.

Also the bottled Frappuccinos have pretty much no caffeine in comparison to actual coffee or lattes that you could order. It's probably the sugar actually fueling you.

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    Hey guitargirl, sorry that you've gotten the wrong impression of us. There are definitely jokesters around us
    But honestly, do the real food test: before you eat something, ask yourself if you could recognize where it came from in nature. Larabars don't grow on trees and frappacinos don't form streams and pools. Eat some eggs and meat for breakfasts, a HUGE salad with meat/egg/whatever-the-heck-you-like for lunch and then eat meat and veggies for dinner, but don't just limit yourself to chicken and carrots. You might look into IF, I've found that I am rarely hunger for lunch so I usually just end up skipping it. Mark's website is really great. I find usually when I have questions I can usually find the answer in the archives. Good luck!

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    ^ this. Sorry that the joking ran a bit amuck. I was not all at your expense, some of it is just joking about a number of other threads over the past many months of all kinds of hacks to lose a pound (some worthy of consideration, btw).

I would offer: very clean diet, some sort of carb and calorie cycling timed around days when lifting heavy (see flame war in other threads about merits of different ways to lift heavy), with sprints thrown in for good measure. My experience with moving the last few pounds around (unsuccessful so far) is that it takes patience and discipline; both are often in short supply.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    No one "needs bikini abs". But that's what she wants. What is so difficult to understand here? Do you all also berate men who want abs? She wants what she wants just like the rest of us do. We all have goals and there's no reason to put someone else down for theirs.

GuitarGirl, read through the links. No one here in the forum is going to take the time to give you a blow by blow of what you should be doing and eating when it's already all laid out here and all you have to do is read. Just read, it's really comprehensive. Also, consider buying the book.

Start here. Mark's Daily Apple
    and here are great links. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html
    Just acclimate yourself with the way of eating and the methodology. It works if you plan on changing your lifestyle, and not just dieting for a few weeks.

GuitarGirl: You have started several posts - I believe your first one was titled "are Frappicinos Primal?"

You've received pretty decent advice previously - you seem to not want to listen. Or even attempt to follow the advice that you received.

Now your posting - no, whining actually - on a healthy lifestyle forum, that you can't seem to lose more weight and you can't see your abs - and coming up with all kinds of excuses why you can't get any exercise - all while you continue to suck down sugar laden candy and calling it a meal.

Your threads are not going to be taken seriously . . . sorry

Paleobird Guest
    She is not being berated for wanting bikini abs. She is being berated for being a whiner who lives on junk food yet came here looking for some quick fix while using work, cold weather and a sweet tooth as excuses.

Either suck it up and make the changes or live with the imperfect abs.

And FW, if you ever come to town, I'll buy you a plate of oysters just for giving me such a good laugh.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast