Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The American Heart Association: Who are these people? page 2

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    I used to truly believe this and actually DO it (except for the margarine thing, I never believed that). How I had the willpower to keep it up for years on end I do not know.

It's astounding how much better results come from doing the exact opposite.
    Also, your meals taste incredibly delicious as a result and the plan is therefore so much easier to follow.

But will people believe me? No, they think food that tastes good can't possibly be good for you and vice versa.
    I also used to do it, to the T. Same for me on Marg. though, always stayed with butter or olive oil. It is quite annoying when your family and friends are worried about you for eating like we do now. Funnily enough my Doctor is happy with it.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

kavvmxuh is offline Junior Member
    I also once worked with a cardiac surgeon who never believed in angioplasty or cardiac stenting and always told the invasive

janie is offline Senior Member
    A very smart man told me once that the American Cancer Society was not about curing cancer but about the perpetuation of the American Cancer Society. If they cured cancer, they'd be out of a job.

I think the same is true of AHA. I mean, if people ignored their guidelines and ate properly, incidents of heart disease would likely plummet. Add that to the profit from selling their little logo and you can see that they do not have your best interest at heart (pun intended).

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    A very smart man told me once that the American Cancer Society was not about curing cancer but about the perpetuation of the American Cancer Society. If they cured cancer, they'd be out of a job.
    Cancer treatment is a $200 billion a year industry. It amazes me that so many people out there believe they want to actually cure it.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Also, it is very hard for people/organizations to admit they are wrong. Not to mention legal issues. Can you really see them saying, 'Oops! Sorry, we've been leading you down the wrong path.' How long before the first lawsuit hits? I think we would see them disband before we saw them change.

zebonaut is offline Member
    Sadly I was fooled by the heart logo and its accompaning bad science. Stupidly thought the AHA was a group of serious cardiologists in white coats who did serious science- after all; they were published in Parade magazine; and well; they had that serious looking logo that was printed on products. Ate my whole grains; and low fat pizza for years; and just skyrocketed the insulin which led to type 2 diabetes.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post

I think the same is true of AHA. I mean, if people ignored their guidelines and ate properly, incidents of heart disease would likely plummet. Add that to the profit from selling their little logo and you can see that they do not have your best interest at heart (pun intended).
    As someone once said, "a cured patient is a lost customer".
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    When cooking pasta, skip the salt in the cooking water.
    So you can add far more later. Brilliant! (people who clearly don't cook, should not be giving advice on cooking)

Know what typically has a bunch of salt? Bread.

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York

couldn't help myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12