Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Virgin Diet page 2

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think the idea is to give up all the foods that cause most food sensitivities. Eggs are one of them. Then Once you get a baseline, you can add back one at a time and see if they do ok with them or not.

MerryMac is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    I did a whole 30, which for me included removing eggs and dairy as I suspected them for possible allergies. The weight flew off me. They do say that if you are eating food you have a problem with it causes you to hold on to weight. I have been unable to reintroduce those foods again. I have not heard of her though
    Why did you suspect eggs? What does an egg sensitivity look like? I've also read in an old MDA post that you can develop a sensitivity to eggs if you eat them every day. How would you know? I mean I guess I could eliminate them for 30 days and see, but why assume eggs are problematic if your only symptom is being over weight? Why not fish or beef or sweet potatoes?

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MerryMac View Post
    Why did you suspect eggs? What does an egg sensitivity look like? I've also read in an old MDA post that you can develop a sensitivity to eggs if you eat them every day. How would you know? I mean I guess I could eliminate them for 30 days and see, but why assume eggs are problematic if your only symptom is being over weight? Why not fish or beef or sweet potatoes?
    For me I felt like my chest got really tight and my breathing shallow when I ate egg. The allergy to egg, dairy and a host of other things has been confirmed with a test now. But, when I removed those foods, the weight really started to drop big time. I have heard this from others too. Dairy I had no idea about until I removed it and tried to put it back.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I thought this would be a thread about the Muslim afterlife.....

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    When I developed a sensitivity to eggs after years of eating them it came as joint pain.

JJ Virgin is offline Junior Member
    Hey everyone,

Thanks so much for discussing The Virgin Diet. Thanks to enthusiastic reader support, I've hit several bestseller lists including The New York Times.

I want to address the egg question you're discussing.

Repeatedly eating any food can create a food intolerance. Over the past decade, I've worked with top docs and conducted hundreds of IgG food sensitivity testing. One of the top offenders is eggs. In fact, about 70% of my clients test positive for an egg sensitivity.

A number of reasons besides over-consumption create those intolerances. One, we're not feeding chickens their natural diet, instead giving them grain, corn, and soy. Two, the vaccines are making the chickens sick. Sick chickens equal sick eggs. And three, chickens are living in abysmal conditions.

This is unfortunate since I truly believe eggs are one of the healthiest foods on the planet.

I ask clients to pull eggs and 6 other foods for 3 weeks, then challenge 1 of these foods for 4 weeks. Many people are shocked how much better they feel when they pull eggs. It doesn't mean they can never have eggs again. But you can't eat eggs every day or you run the risk of creating an intolerance.

I strongly encourage buying barnyard eggs if at all possible. They are much richer in nutrients like vitamin D.

To the person who questioned my credentials: I have a CNS, CHFS, and a PhD. I have provided copious studies in The Virgin Diet to document everything I say.

I hope that helps the discussion.

Blessings,
    JJ

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I am certainly one of those people who used to consume large quantities of eggs but now can consume only modest quantities without reaction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12