Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arguing with Co-Worker about Primal page 2

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Angel0 View Post
    There is plenty of other evidence showing the nutritional superiority of meat from animals raised on their natural diets vs those that aren't. You don't need to base a sound argument on a bad study to effectively argue that.
    Yeah, but nobody's arguing anything. Except the OP's dumb co-worker/vegan propagandist.

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    Is Red Meat Really That Bad For You? | Natural Path Health Center This article that was linked claims that the JAMA red meat study only shows CAFCO meat is bad for you not grassfed. I'm simply saying that you can't even use that worthless study to claim that.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry, i don't have the time to critically evaluate studies I use for an online forum... I save that time for my actual postgrad work.

So let's not start arguments where there are none.

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenete View Post
    I'm sorry, i don't have the time to critically evaluate studies I use for an online forum... I save that time for my actual postgrad work.

So let's not start arguments where there are none.
    Sheesh! I wasn't trying to start an argument. I just think it's silly to use a study that has been so thoroughly debunked in Primal/Paleo land when it supports an argument you're trying to make so was surprised by the choice of articles you chose to link that's all.

And grad school..been there done that a while ago. It's irrelevant to this discussion other than to try to proclaim your own intelligence.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    OK, I used a poor study as an example.

As for the postgrad comment, it's no more relevant than your nit-picking. You wanted to bring up the quality of studies, I used it to say that I don't put the same effort into evaluating studies for a forum as I do for my postgrad degree.

If I know, and can tell, it's a bad study/article, I won't use it. If I make the mistake of using a poor article, I'd appreciate for people to point that out a little less self-righteously.

Now I'm moving on because this is Off Topic.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenete View Post
    If I make the mistake of using a poor article, I'd appreciate for people to point that out a little less self-righteously.
    This is the internet. Put your big boy pants on. You are a post grad after all.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Zach is offline Banned
    I dont think the acid load argument is entirely invalid but it must take into account your entire diet and not just one food source. Eating a whole foods diet with plenty of plant foods and animal foods will balance things out. Eating an entire diet of meat, might cause problems with acidity, just like eating a very alkaline diet might cause problems.

Zach is offline Banned
    Also all meat, not just red meat is acidic. So are grains, legumes, nuts and seeds, among other things. Unless this guy eats only fruit/veg and dairy, hes eating an acidic diet as well.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I hope the coworker doesn't eat pickles. :-/

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Also all meat, not just red meat is acidic. So are grains, legumes, nuts and seeds, among other things. Unless this guy eats only fruit/veg and dairy, hes eating an acidic diet as well.
    This. Oz for oz grains are more acidic than meat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast