Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What does 1900-2000 calories/day look like on Paleo diet page 2

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    How does having a large list of pictures of dozens of foods in 200 calorie portions, allowing the OP to make a menu easily simply based on looking at the foods with whatever combination they so desire help them?
    Because saying "cheese and nuts are the biggest stallers of weight loss" and is not an answer to "I think I need to increase my calories, please give me a sample menu." Unless you're saying that OP should eat an extra 400 calories of not cheese and nuts?
    Last edited by unchatenfrance; 03-04-2013 at 12:29 PM.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unchatenfrance View Post
    Because saying "cheese and nuts are the biggest stallers of weight loss" and is not an answer to "I think I need to increase my calories, please give me a sample menu." Unless you're saying that OP should eat an extra 400 calories of not cheese and nuts?
    Extrapolate. If something is known to stall weight loss, it's probably great for losing weight. Food consumption is often limited by volume - if you want to gain weight, eat more calorically dense foods. If you want to lose weight, eat less calorically dense foods.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Extrapolate. If something is known to stall weight loss, it's probably great for losing weight. Food consumption is often limited by volume - if you want to gain weight, eat more calorically dense foods. If you want to lose weight, eat less calorically dense foods.
    I've been MIA from the forum for a while - is there actually something inherently in nuts and cheese that stalls weight loss? Or is it the fact that they are easy to overeat? If one were to count calories and eat x amount of nuts or cheese and still meet one's calorie goal, will said nuts and cheese stall loss nevertheless?

Ollie is offline Senior Member
    What you can do is go to myfitnesspal.com and tap in the foods/meals you eat per day and it will do the maths for you. Here you will get a precise and simple display of how many cals you're consuming. If after a week or two your weight hasn't gone down or has even gone up then you need to cut back the calories per day maybe 200-300 cals.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    I've been MIA from the forum for a while - is there actually something inherently in nuts and cheese that stalls weight loss? Or is it the fact that they are easy to overeat? If one were to count calories and eat x amount of nuts or cheese and still meet one's calorie goal, will said nuts and cheese stall loss nevertheless?
    They are simply easier to overeat. The satiety per calorie is pretty low versus, say, chicken, beef, potatoes, eggs and broccoli. If you have trouble eating enough calories, adding cheese and nuts to things are surefire ways to add calories AND nutrients instead of simply spooning empty fat onto things (which I would never recommend).
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? They sell an 85% chocolate bar that I think is delicious. It is a 100 gram box with two individually wrapped 50 gram bars. Each bar has ~350 calories. Just eat one of those to get you to 1850

In all seriousness though... if you are happily consuming 1500, just add an extra tbsp of butter to something. Or olive oil to your salad or make some homemade mayo to put on your sandwich. All of those can add up pretty quick without adding a lot more volume (I'm assuming you are full on your 1500).

Juliemama is offline Senior Member
    If a tablespoon of butter or olive oil is approx. 100 cals (don't quote me here..its been a long time) that's the easiest way to add a quick couple of hundred calories. Although, I really like the chocolate, wine and cheese route myself ;P

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    And how does this help OP?
    Well I thought she could easily mix and match 10 of the pictures to get to 2000 calories.
    However when I tried it myself I was hardpressed to find 10 that I would eat, since many of them were junk or grains.
    It's a good idea though and I would like to see a similar page with all primal foods.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    200 calories, 200 ways:

What Does 200 Calories Look Like?

The short answer is it will vary wildly based on the fat content of the meal. The fattier the portion, the smaller the portion. Very calorically dense things: nuts, cheeses, chocolate, dried fruits. Those are some of the biggest stallers of weight loss. Of course, the most calorically dense thing a human being can consume is pure, rendered fat.
    I went to the link to see many more photos of 200 calories. It is interesting how many of the photos were immediate appetite suppressants.

Annieh is offline Senior Member

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast