Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Meggo's Journey page 2

meggo2002 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, I got sidetracked from this journal with school and life! Ugh. I'm back thought.
    Current Weight: 184.6
    I'm feeling great and really see a difference in how my clothes fit!
    B: 1 egg, 1 avocado, 3 oz salmon
    S: 10 almonds
    L: 2 chicken drumsticks, 1 cup cauliflower rice
    D: 1 cup cashew chicken (take-out... I know, I know)
    Desssert: 1 small non-fat frozen yogurt with strawberries and blueberries
    No workout today as I was informed I'm presenting at the next staff meeting and I felt stressed. So, I came home, went over my presentation and ordered some feel-good food. Small steps- at least I stayed away from grains!
    My mom is coming to visit at the end of this week, and I'm very excited! We plan to eat out several times and will be going to some fabulous places that are Primal. Can't wait!

So, my mom came for a visit and it was fabulous, but we definitely slipped back into old habits. Not even close to what I ate before, but we would sneak some bread and rice during the meals and had some sugar, too. I also skipped out at the gym a lot when she was here. When she left, I got sick and was down for the count for a few days. By the time I felt better, it was time to go to Thailand to do a big presentation at a conference. Thailand was amazing, but I think I overloaded on fruit! Oops. I am still getting compliments about how I look, but I don't feel great like I was. I'm back up to 187.8. I have a fridge full of yummy Primal foods and am going to the gym tomorrow after school. I have 9 weeks until I go home, and I want to be able to go shopping for new clothes. So, I am re-committing myself! Ready, set, go!

Back on it. A busy summer at home getting ready for my big move to Colombia. The first few months have been crazy here, getting into a routine, figuring out work and what not. The last few weeks have been horrible, as I've been eating bread and sugar. Not a lot, but enough to make me feel like crap! Today, I'm back on it.
    Breakfast: One avocado
    Snack: 1.5 cups of cherry tomatoes and some ham
    Lunch: Chicken with mushrooms and zucchini
    Dinner: 3 egg omelette with one slice of cheese
    I am going on a cruise in 2 weeks. It's 3 weeks long. I know what to expect, as I worked on them for many years, however, I want to curb my carb cravings before I get there! All the meat, eggs, fish and veggies I want! Any support from you guys is awesome! I will try to keep up with this better.
    BTW, weighed in today and am at 186. My clothes don't fit right though. Lots of water today and good food!

Soooo. I know this is a journey, but shoot! Went on the most amazing vacation to Antarctica and had a very Primal breakfast every day. Didn't usually have lunch, as i consumed at least one Bloody Mary a day. Vegetables, right?! Dinner was a full-out affair... I never ordered pasta, but managed to eat my weight in bread, I think. Also, I was out every night drinking major amounts of alcohol. When I got back, it was right back to Primal Living for me.

I've been using the journal to track my food and exercise. It's been 9 days. I joined a gym, that has weights, classes and a spa area. So far, I've taken kickboxing, which I have really missed and also some Rumba classes. I grew up dancing, so although I know this is CARDIO, for me, it's my version of "play." I am about to sign up for some personal training sessions, so they can help me with the weight machines and create a kind of program for me.

Weight: 189.8 (9 days ago was at 192) Not a lot, but I'll take what I can get.
    B: 2 eggs with one piece ham
    L: grilled chicken with salad
    D: 2 eggs with one piece ham
    S: 1/2 cup pistachios, 1 cup carrots, 1 cup cucumber
    ***I need to make sure I am stocked up on good food, because this is what happens when I'm not. Maybe I will make something tonight!***
    Bought a new Paleo cookbook and and am back on track. Would love some support!

Went to the dentist last night and then decided to take it easy at home, reading. It was fabulous. I teach Kindergarten and am usually so busy, I have a hard time finding time to read. When I read, I need at LEAST 2 hours to be in my own book world. Going out with some friends after school today, but will stick to a glass of wine (or maybe even just water). My Friday night will consist of pajamas, my couch and my Kindle. Tomorrow, I'm getting up early for kickboxing, signing up for personal training and then will enjoy some time in the spa at the gym. Can't wait! I miss having a bathtub... First thing I'm buying whenever I settle down in one place and buy a home. A giant, lovely bathtub. With jets. Okay. Gotta make it through today at work and then it's a lovely 48 hours away from work!

Weight: 188.2
    B: 2 eggs scrambled
    L: 3 hardboiled eggs with mayo, 4 slices of ham
    D: Will have to fill this in later, as I have no idea.
    S: 1 cup pistachios, 1 cup carrots, 1 cup cucumber
    ***Will lay off the pistachios as soon as they run out. Gotta eat them while they are fresh! They are expensive here in Colombia, but so worth the yumminess!***

I feel like sometimes I need to remind myself.... When I started this weight-loss journey in October 2009 (was doing WW and Jazzercise), I was at my heaviest ever. 227 lbs. I'm 5'4. Will post some photos this evening while I'm enjoying my pj's and my couch. So, in 4.5 years, I've lost 38.8 lbs. Seems like it should be more, but when I started Primal I lost much of that. WW just didn't work for me because I could still eat my precious bread and pasta! Anyways. I'll take almost 40 pounds in 4.5 years!

Had a mojito with a friend on Friday after work and it was delicious! The 80/20 rule for that! Saturday morning I woke up early, signed up for personal training and went to kickboxing. Best way to start the weekend! I love that class. I am in my own world and my mind is clear. Afterwards, my new trainer saw me and asked if I wanted to try some things. Sure??? He about killed me. Not really. But, I haven't done weights for several months (ok, ok, about 8 months!). The rest of the day and Sunday I just relaxed. I literally did nothing but read, sleep and cook.

I love cooking. I made carrot fries (so easy and delicious!), roasted broccoli, cauliflower rice and chicken curry. I also hardboiled some eggs I can grab for breakfast on the way out the door, so I can get some extra Zzzzz's.

Weight: 189.0 (Once this 21 day thing is over, I am only weighing in once a week). 21 days to get back on it.

B: 3 hardboiled eggs
    L: Chicken curry, cauliflower rice
    D: Roasted broccoli, ham
    S: Cucumbers, carrots and handful of pistachios

Had a very long day at work yesterday, the kiddos at school are driving me mental! Went to 40 minutes of kickboxing and then an hour of personal training. He destroyed me, once again, but in a good way! The only thing I don't like is that he stretches me at the end. I grew up dancing and am very familiar with stretching. He hurts me! I think I may tell him I will do that part on my own from now on. Slept like a baby last night, I don't think I moved at all. Tonight, it's Rumba for some fun and then an early night with my Kindle!

Weight: 188.2
    B: 3 hardboiled eggs, 1 small avocado
    L: Chicken curry, cauliflower rice
    D: Roasted broccoli
    S: Cucumbers, carrots and pistachios

Rumba is so much fun! I laugh, sweat, laugh more and try to keep up. Last night, the instructor busted out some backflips in the middle of class. Fun! Went to bed last night and thought to myself, "I feel kind of funny..." Woke up and it's that lovely time of the month. I normally wait until I get to work to have my breakfast, but today I had an avocado as soon as I woke up. I got to work, had two hardboiled eggs. Waited a bit. Now, I'm munching on the last of my pistachios. I also brought a piece of dark chocolate with sea salt. I hate how hungry I get at this time! Anyways. Tonight is a night off from the gym, cause I have Spanish lessons after school. I plan to stop at the pharmacy/store on the way home, then pour myself a nice glass of wine and relax on the couch with a movie tonight. AND, go to sleep early.

Weight: 187.8
    B: Avocado, 2 hardboiled eggs
    L: Roasted broccoli and chicken curry
    D: None. Sleep.
    S: carrots, cucumbers, pistachios, 2 pieces dark chocolate, 1 bag gummi worms

So, since it's that time, I was really craving some sugar. I was exhausted all day (the usual at this time). I managed to devour a package of gummi worms. Yep. The whole thing. At least they are gluten-free, right? Anyways. Moving on tomorrow. Will make sure to bring a piece of fruit to work tomorrow if the sweet cravings hit again.
    Last edited by meggo2002; 02-12-2014 at 02:58 PM.
    Meggo

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok. Went home last night and was planning to have a glass of wine. I got home, took a long, hot shower, put on my PJs and curled up on the couch for a bit, before crawling in bed at 7:30 pm. Tonight, I have personal training at 5:30 and then will go to sleep early again. I am just exhausted! Again, the sugar cravings hit at school, so another package of gummi worms was devoured. What?! I am so hungry and so tired. Tomorrow is Friday night, and I will go with some friends to have a glass of wine, then relax at home and write report cards. Fun, huh?

Weight: 186.6 Somehow, still down with the gummi worms.

B: 3 hardboiled eggs, 1 avocado
    L: Cauliflower rice and chicken curry
    S: 1 hardboiled egg, cucumber and carrots, GUMMI WORMS.
    D: None. When I get home from working out, I'm not hungry.
    Meggo

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast