Hey there,

I have been Primal for a few months now and a few weeks ago I finally decided to start working on shedding some fat. In the few weeks I have not lost any weight or body fat so I am a bit confused and looking for any advice/criticism.

I am a 36 year old male who stands at 5'10 and weighs 186 lbs @ 29% body fat.

For exercise I am doing HIIT (on my elliptical) 2 times a week and weights (Stronglifts 5x5) 3 times a week.

Pre/post workout nutrition is 1 cup of coconut water pre/post for HIIT plus whey protein shake post, and whey protein shake + handful of M&Ms post workout for weights (I replaced banana with M&Ms). A eat a meal around 2 hours after both workouts.

My meals have been pretty much the same every day. I am not a morning person so I typically grab 20 grams of 85% dark chocolate, just to get the morning taste out of my mouth.

Lunch - chicken breast with around 10 cups of lettuce + peppers, coated with 1/4 cup olive oil.

Dinner - chicken breast or steak with sweet potato and green beans

Snacks - protein shake, 1/3 cup of almonds

Vitamins - multi-vitamin, vitamin D, glutamine (in shake after exercise).

So on an average day I am having aprox 1900 cals from 100g fat, 50-60g carb, 170g protein.

Any advice/criticism/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I always hate asking for help because I think I should be able to figure things out on my own but I don't want to waste more time not losing any weight.

Cheers.