Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Primal in the Workplace page 4

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My boyfriend is not deliberately primal, but I keep a gluten-free household. One day he brought home Chips Ahoy cookies, not okay. He agreed not to do it again, but after he opened them and ate a couple he just threw them out. He didn't remember how bad they really are.

AyaPapaya is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacy15 View Post
    I actually had someone bring me a cucumber when she brought in donuts for everyone else! She said "I didn't want to leave you out, and knew you wouldn't eat donuts. I know you eat cucumbers for breakfast sometimes"
    That's cute Once in a while, someone 'gets it'.
    "Imagine all the people, living life in peace..."

"Nothing will work unless you do."

Megatron is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I have to say that at my last job, while the usual cakes, etc. were always available (bagels in the a.m.), I just didn't partake. One day the office manager asked me why and I told her that I had been morbidly obese and had to really be careful what I ate. I even showed her my drivers license just to show her I wasn't lying because by that time I was twig like. After that there was fruit next to the bagels every morning, and when my birthday rolled around, she ordered a big fruit arrangement instead of the usual cake. I always appreciated that kindness.
    What a cool story! And cool boss.

Today my coworker was offering me a tea bag, and then said 'wait, it has sugar in it' (????) I was really appreciative. My other coworker that I work closely with (quite overweight) gets really frustrated by my eating for some reason, and chides me for not taking bread at the deli and not eating 'enough' still.

You're right about loosing your taste for sweets. I ate an apple today and it seems soooo much sweeter than I remembered, I thought it might be overripe- nope, just my taste buds are changing!

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    Some of these stories are awesome! Glad to hear that some people get it and respect our views on health. At my job they still can't quite understand why I'm "on a diet" (their words not mine) if I'm in good shape. But I'm also only 20 so it's extra weird to them lol.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    That is true, but this place seems to have more of a problem than other places at which I've worked. People get really big, fast. One co-worker gained 40 lbs in less than 3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Given that the average American is gaining 1.3 pounds a year, just about every workplace in the US would qualify as a "place where people tend to gain weight after they start working there".
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I have to say that at my last job, while the usual cakes, etc. were always available (bagels in the a.m.), I just didn't partake. One day the office manager asked me why and I told her that I had been morbidly obese and had to really be careful what I ate. I even showed her my drivers license just to show her I wasn't lying because by that time I was twig like. After that there was fruit next to the bagels every morning, and when my birthday rolled around, she ordered a big fruit arrangement instead of the usual cake. I always appreciated that kindness.
    awesome!! <3 this!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Mouse is offline Member
    I work at a large box-store that functions both as a grocery store and sells general merchandise. Lunches are no problem, but the break room often has chips, crackers, cereal, cookies, cupcakes, and stuff for PB & J sandwiches. It's management's way of "rewarding" our hard work. Yeah, not so much. I've found it best to avoid the break room altogether. 90% of the time I can walk by that stuff without even being tempted, but if I'm tired and hungry (or PMSing) it starts to look far better than it has any right to.

My workplace also often runs contests, especially during the holiday season. The prizes are nearly always candy. After five years, I have my bosses trained, though. They know I'd rather have an apple or orange instead, and they provide accordingly. They also know that if they get a soda for each person as a "treat" that I'll be getting a bottle of sparkling water instead. I think the fact that I'm always energetic and rarely get sick give me some leverage for "requiring" the healthier fuel. They know a good thing when they've got it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234