Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When does weight loss begin? page

louisem is offline Member

When does weight loss begin?

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone

I have been doing the primal eating thing or about six weeks. Large protein breakfast as in whey protein shake, lunch of more protein and salad and small dinner. Normally I don't eat in the evening. I have fallen off the wagon a couple of times but nothing too bad. I have not eaten grains, legumes, nightshade veg at all in the last six weeks and have not really lost any weight. I have coconut oil in my coffee too about twice a day. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and am getting pretty depressed over it. I have tried everything to lose weight and nothing ever seems to work. I also have eczema and psorriasis but take suppelments as in flaxseed oil, and strong multivitamins. I have just started back exercising as in weight training too. Any ideas anyone please?

Aussie16 is offline Member
    Hi Louisem, just curious what type of exercise are you doing?

Hi

I have started doing a beginners weight training circuit that I found online. I do this three times a week and other days I dance at home. Thanks for replying!

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by louisem View Post
    Any ideas anyone please?
    When I started out last March I didn't lose weight to start with. When I began calorie counting I saw why. My healthy nuts, seeds & dried fruit breakfast was a good 800 calories so I changed to a 2 large egg spinach or mushroom omelette cooked in butter or coconut oil at 400 calories. I lost 60 lbs between March and Christmas. I don't calorie count now because I have a good idea of what I'm stuffing down my throat.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Thanks for that. I hate counting calories and I don't really eat many nuts. I don't snack between meals and eat very few carbs so I'm hoping weight is going to start falling off soon.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    When I started out last March I didn't lose weight to start with. When I began calorie counting I saw why. My healthy nuts, seeds & dried fruit breakfast was a good 800 calories so I changed to a 2 large egg spinach or mushroom omelette cooked in butter or coconut oil at 400 calories. I lost 60 lbs between March and Christmas. I don't calorie count now because I have a good idea of what I'm stuffing down my throat.
    This was the same for me, except the counting part.
    I just was still over eating. Once I really listened to my body, and ate only primal foods to hunger, the weight started moving. I have lost 4.5 kg in the last 3 weeks.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Louise. Good effort on eliminating the grains etc and starting to exercise. How much weight do you have to lose?

As others have said I would replace the shake with real food such as a two egg vege omelette.

I would also eliminate the coconut oil.

What is in your salad for lunch?

You say dinner is small but you don't say what's in it.

Focus on eating real food - Veges, eggs, meat, small quantities of fruit nuts and dairy. That's what works for me.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    This was the same for me, except the counting part.
    I just was still over eating. Once I really listened to my body, and ate only primal foods to hunger, the weight started moving. I have lost 4.5 kg in the last 3 weeks.
    Woo hoo, Ayla. Well done.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Welcome Louise. Good effort on eliminating the grains etc and starting to exercise. How much weight do you have to lose?

As others have said I would replace the shake with real food such as a two egg vege omelette.

I would also eliminate the coconut oil.

What is in your salad for lunch?

You say dinner is small but you don't say what's in it.

Focus on eating real food - Veges, eggs, meat, small quantities of fruit nuts and dairy. That's what works for me.
    This is great advice
    You just need to experiment to work out exactly how much you really need to eat, and you may even find some foods ie eggs or dairy stop you losing. This is all a bit of trial and error.

Thanks Annieh

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks again. I was following Jack Kruse Leptin-Reset and he advises to eat 50gm protein in am and I just found the easiest way to do this was the whey protein. Dinner for me might just be a banana with manuka honey, greek yogurt, cinnamon or steak with veg or if I'm rushing I might have another shake with couple of raw eggs. Salad would include lettuce, beetroot, tuna or salmon and balsamic vinegar. A friend of mine followed this diet and lost nearly 50 pounds. I need to lose at least 30 pounds. I don't eat after 6pm either although sometimes I will have a Baileys coffee.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast